Chapter 13

Clary's POV

We arrived at the institute no long after our talk to see an over excited Simon.

"Whoa! Simon calm down! I haven't seen you this excited since the latest Star Wars movie." I said.

"I asked Izzy out and she said yes!! She said yes!," he suddenly stopped,"Oh my God...she said yes."

"Aaaaand that's our cue to leave. Good luck Simon!" And so we left. A thought suddenly appeared in my head and I started to drag Jace up and down corridors.

"Where are you takin me now?" Jace asked.

I didn't answer. I just looked his way and gave him a flirtatious smile that made his eyes darken. Wow, I knew I was good, but I didn't know I was that good!

We finally reached a big door and Jace just stood there not knowing what to do.

I giggled,"Don't just stand there! C'mon!"

Jace and I pushed open the door to the greenhouse  and what was before us was not what I was expecting.

"Dad? What--what's going on?" I said, my voice barely a whisper.

"Oh! Well you see, Clarissa, this is just part of my army that I have created! No thanks to your idiotic excuse of a brother. You see, I just used him and thanks to you, I don't need him anymore! I need someone else," he paused. A mischievous glint in his eyes,"And you, my dear daughter, are a great substitute."

"If you hurt a hair on Clary's head I swear, I will kill you." Jace said.

"Jace. Stop. You don't have any training yet. You'll end up dead." I warned. "I want you to get out of here and leave this to me." I said, while pulling out a seraph blade that was hidden nearby. When he didn't move I walked closer to him.

"Please leave. I couldn't live with myself if I knew I got you hurt. Or worse. Please. I'll take care of it. If anything happens, get Magnus to help." I whispered quiet enough so that he could hear me.

I leaned up and placed a quick kiss on his lips.

"Let him go. Take me just...don't hurt Jace." I looked up as my father snapped his fingers and ordered the demons to take Jace out of the room. 

------------------------------------
A/N: Why hello there my little marshmallows! My schedule is all fucked up now so I'll probably be able to post every 1-2 weeks since I have all this shit going on in my life rn. I hope you enjoyed this chapter even though it was garbage! Good bye my marshmallows!