Chapter 4

Clary's POV

BEEP BEEP BEEP  BEEP

Ugh. I strip myself of my covers as a wave of cold air hits my body. I walk into my bathroom and shower in record time and put on my clothes for the day. A black crop top, a leather jacket, dark blue skinny jeans, a blue flannel tied around my waist, and as per usual, my black converse. I re-enter the bathroom and start working on my hair. I decide to put it up in a messy bun with a bobby pin. My make up for today is simple. I like to go for a bit of a natural look. I put on powder foundation, light mascara, brown eyeshadow with perfectly winged eyeliner, and some lip gloss.

"CLARY GET DOWN HERE OR YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR YPUR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL." My mom screamed. I ran downstairs and took an apple from the kitchen counter. "Oh, and Clary, your bike came this morning." I gasped in delight. My bike was the last thing my dad had given to me. It's extremely special to me.

"Bye mom, bye Luke. JON GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE OR WE'RE GONNA BE LATE." I ran outside and put on my helmet. As I turned on my bike Jon ran outside.

"Are you gonna ride with me or in your car?" "I'll ride in my car."

"Why? Are you embarrassed to ride with your little sister?" I said while smirking.

"Shut up and ride."

Time lapse (I couldn't be bothered to write the ride)

I got to school and parked in the student parking lot. When I finished parking, I took off my helmet and saw everyone looking at me and whispering. I smirked to myself as I saw Jace with his most open. I got my backpack and walked up to him.

"Close your mouth, you'll catch flies," I teased. "Show me to the office, will you?"

"Uhh, yeah." He whispered. That just made me laugh out loud. "Shall we?" He asked with a smirk on his face while holding his arm out for me to take. I slid my arm in his and just smiled. As soon as our arms touched I felt a spark. I'm pretty sure he felt it too because he looked down at me with curiosity and...love? In his eyes. I felt the heat slowly rushing to my cheek so I quickly looked down. I could feel him smiling from behind. I rolled my eyes.

We slowly made our way towards the main office and I couldn't get Jace out of my head. How he plays stuff off with a witty and sarcastic line. The way the light shines behind him and makes him look like an angel. The way his eyes turn dark with desire, or bright gold when he's happy. I was brought out of my reverie when I heard Jace speak.

"This is Clarissa Morgenstern, she's new here and needs her timetable." After a few minutes of speaking I finally got handed my timetable.

History

Chemistry

Math

Free period

Gym

Lunch

Art

"Hey, we have 15 minutes left until class starts, I wanna show you something." Jace whispered in my ear, the sent a shiver down my spine. Before I had time to respond I was being pulled toward stairs and a door that said, Greenhouse Entrance. He pushed open the door and what was before me was beautiful. The roof and walls around was made of glass and there was different types of flowers, plants, and trees everywhere. 

"Wow." I whispered while taking a step forward. I couldn't take it anymore so I quickly opened my backpack and took out my sketch pad  and pencil and started to sketch.

"I come here a lot. Mostly just to think, but I also think it's beautiful." 

 I look behind me and then realized how close he was standing. He was gorgeous. It was at this point that out faces were just inches apart. Also, I was falling for Jace Herondale.

And I was falling hard.