Chapter 5

Clary's POV

I was falling for Jace Herondale.

And I was falling hard.

Jace's POV

I was falling for Clary Morgentern.

And I was falling hard.

Wait...Jace Herondale doesn't fall for people, people fall for me! This girl is amazing. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her beautiful green orbs. I finally realized how close our faces were. I could kiss her right now. In fact, I wanted to kiss her. That wouldn't be the best choice right now, I've only know her for 2 days. I was brought out of my reverie when the bell rang.

"C'mon, I'll show you to your class." My voice barley a whisper. She gave me a weak smile and interlocked her arm with mine. I felt the same shock I felt earlier in the hallway. I was sure she felt it too because she was doing the same thing she did earlier. She looked down and blushed. She was so cute when she blushed. We were walking down the hallway when I noticed a lot of girls glaring at Clary. Girls practically throw themselves at me and would probably start a fight with some other girl.

We walked into class and took seats. Clary and I had the same classes so that was convenient for me if I wanted to win her heart. Win her heart. Win her heart. Wow.

Maaaaaaaaany dreadful minutes, or hours...or days later, it was finally time for our free period. I was separated from Clary when Kaelie came up to me.

"Hi Jacey! How about we go somewhere and away from this bitch." She said in her usual peppy and annoying voice. I was about to say something when I heard Clary laugh. We both shot our heads toward her.

"Do I get points if I act like I care?" She said sarcastically which made a smirk find it's way to my face. I looked back to Kaelie who looked like she was about to explode. Clary and I looked at each other, then back at Kaelie, then back at each other before we erupted in laughter. We gained a few confused glances from people, but we didn't care. By the time we finished laughing I realized that she had left. Clary and I were basically on the verge of tears.

"That. Was. Hilarious! Who knew you had a sarcastic side in that little red head of yours." She glared at me and I held my hands up to surrender.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom, if the bell rings you can go without me I'll find my way." She said shyly. With that, she left to the bathroom. Of course  I wasn't gonna leave her, I just had a feeling something bad was going to happen...

Clary's POV

I entered the bathroom and went into one of the stalls to do my business. As I finished I heard the door open, then slam shut. Some girl might be PMSing or something. I walked out of the stall to only be thrown against the wall and fall on the floor.

"What the f-" I looked up and saw the face I never wanted to see again. Sebastian.

I was about to stand up, only to be thrown down again until two other people came into the bathroom and held me down. I felt a sudden sting on my left cheek and then a blow to the stomach and jaw. I was trying hard to hold in my screams so he couldn't have the satisfaction. I was thrown back to the wall with so much force that my head hit it. They threw me to the floor, my stomach was aching so much and it was even worse when he kicked me in the same place I was punched. I couldn't take it any longer. I screamed with as much force as I could. I hit my head pretty hard causing my vision to blur. My vision started clearing up and I saw a beautiful golden angel in front of me. I reached up my hand and cupped his cheek. He held my hand before picking me up in his arms bride style and carrying me out the front gates, placing me inside his car. I must've fallen asleep because someone had shook my shoulders.

I opened my eyes and saw that I was in my room. Jace was standing above me with a worried look on his face. What he did took me by surprise, he wrapped his hands around me and engulfed me in a big hug. I quickly returned the action while stifling back a cry.

"I'm sorry." I whispered into his chest.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. C'mon." He said while pulling me off of the end towards the bathroom. He made me sit o the counter while turning on the bathtub. At this point I didn't even care just being in my bra and underwear in front of Jace. My body was just too tired. I sat in the bath for about an hour while Jace just sat on the side comforting me. I got out and changed into some comfortable clothes while he waited downstairs. I walked down the stairs and saw that Jace had put in a movie.

"Star Wars marathon?" He asked. I smiled at him and sat beside him snuggling into his side. He put his arm around me and I couldn't help but think how perfectly our bodies fit together, like two pieces of a puzzle.