8. Genji x Reader - Saddness

It was another cold winter day at the Overwatch headquarters and you were in your room still in bed. You have been depressed for a couple of days, mainly staying in your room and only coming out for food and drinks. You wanted to avoid everyone at all costs. Especially the cyborg Genji.. Let's just say you developed a crush on him but you're pretty sure he doesn't like you back, that makes you feel depressed. You have been crying a lot but you hide it by looking at the floor and avoiding eye contact with everyone. Out of no where someone knocked on your door so you told them to come in.

"Hiya Y/N! Watcha doing love?" Tracer greeted you in her bubbly mood as always.

"Hey Tracer, I'm just resting, had a lot of training." You said lying but Tracer didn't realise.

"Ohh okay, just haven't seen your around lately love." Tracer said with a bright smile.

"Yeah sorry, my legs are really sore that's all." You said looking down.

"Hmm okay love, if there is anything up we are all here for you especially me." Tracer said as she hugged you, you hugged back and she eventually left.

'Why do I have to love Genji? I can't help myself..'  You thought to yourself as you felt awful.

You pushed your face into your white pillow and tried not to cry but you couldn't hold it. You burst into tears holding your mouth as you cried so no one would be able to hear your cries. Eventually you started to calm down and sniffles started, you turned your head to face your window. The dark grey sky, rain droplets on the window and the calm sound of rain. You were angry at yourself for crying over Genji.

'Out of everything I'm crying about it has to be a boy?' You got out of your warm bed and got some tissues to wipe away your tear stained face and blow your nose. You really wanted a nice warm drink but there was no way you were walking out to everyone like this.

"Why can't I be happy like I use to be?" You said to yourself.

You wanted to scream but everyone would hear, you felt alone but you knew you weren't. You mind was making you think negative about everything even though most things were positive.. Besides your sadness. You felt like that everything that can go wrong will go wrong. You just wanted to run away forever and hide.

Genji PoV
I thought I heard cries and they sounded familiar, there was no way it was Tracer, Mercy or any of the other girls here, besides Y/N.. She has been staying in her room so much lately, I want to go see her but apparently Tracer already has and Y/N is fine. I refuse to believe she is fine, something is wrong.

I was standing outside her bedroom door as I could hear her muffled cries. I wanted to knock and see what's wrong but I didn't want to seem awkward. If I was to be honest I did like Y/N more than a friend and a teammate. She was so beautiful to me but there was no way she'd love me.. A cyborg ninja.. Eventually I walked away and sighed.
End of Genji PoV

You heard a slight sigh outside your room. It was a robotic sigh which made your heart jump. 'Was Genji listening to me cry?' You were basically in a panic hoping he didn't hear you, you sat on your bed silently while holding your knees close to you. Tears formed in your eyes but you held them back as much as you could. You eventually fell asleep without trying to.

1 hour later
You woke up from your long sleep feeling a bit better and you felt like a drink. As you got out of your warm bed you seen a note at your door, you quickly picked it up and read it out of curiosity.

"Y/N I feel as if you are not okay, you have not come out of your room lately and it has got me worried. I heard your cries earlier but I didn't want to disturb you anymore than what you already were. I came back later to only see you having another sleep.. When you awake I'd love to speak to you if you will allow me to. Just pop a note under my room door if you want to. If you haven't noticed, this is Genji writing this. Thank you if you read this note."