Exposed

So... you guys have every right to be mad at me. I haven't updated... in literally two weeks. That's the longest I've gone & I'm so sorry. But I have an excuse. It was my last week of school & I had finals. But now I'm off... until the 22nd of January actually :) so you have me until then.

I hope I don't disappoint. Don't forget to fan, vote & comment.

I was also thinking of starting a new story... what do you guys think? Would you read it?

READ ON..

“Come again, you’re seeing who?” Cassie pretty much almost chokes on her smoothie, her hands slamming onto the table. Why did I have to bring this up in such a public place? This was definitely a big mistake.

“Zayn, for the fourth time,” I groan. “I like him, okay? If you knew what happened, you would understand. Just give him a chance.”

“I’m sorry,” she sassed. “You’re asking me to give the guy who’s always giving you a hard time and who’s an inconsiderate jerk a chance? I love you, Nani, but no, sorry.”

“Go ahead. It still won’t change my mind about how I feel?”

Don’t test my stubbornness. You’ll never win. And she should know this by now.

This was the first legitimate time I’ve hung out with Cassie, just us two. To my understanding, she doesn’t find anything suspicious, not yet of course. She doesn’t know what I am, or so I know of, and she doesn’t know that I’m in the process of trying to figure what she is. I hate hiding things from my best friend, but for now, this is the best I could do.

“What even happened? So he pretty much followed you to San Francisco?”

“Well, when you put it that way, you make him sound creepy.”

“Exactly,” she smirked.

I sighed, shaking my head as I pushed my pineapple smoothie away from me, resting the weight of my head on my hand. “I don’t know what else to tell you. We just talked about our feelings. We both knew it’s probably going to be hard, but we’re going to try and figure things out.”

Cassie, too, sighed to herself. Unexepectedly, her eyes grew wide and once again, she was slamming her hands on the table, this time attracting the attention of others who were around us. “You guys were alone! Did you..?”

“NO!”

“Oh thank God,” she let out a breath of relief. “How’s the process of trying to ‘work things out’ coming along then?”

The butterfly feeling that I’ve been having came back. I’ve been on such a high since that weekend that nobody could kill, not even Cassie with her disapproval. I was in too deep with the cheesiness of it all. The one thing I swore I’d never be. “So far, it’s going good. I’m going to see him later on today.”