Veracity

YAYYAYAYAY. AN UPDATE [:

Not much to say here... just... enjoy? lol. UM UM UM. Who's been watching TVD? Can we just... ugh. STELENA NOT EVEN SORRY.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE & COMMENT GUYS! I WANNA SEE WHAT Y'ALL HAVE TO SAY <3

Annnnd, if you haven't seen Story Of My Life yet, do it.. NOW. ohemgee.

K den, here ya go.

Sitting in front of my computer for hours got me nowhere.

Ignoring my friends got me nowhere.

Locked up in my room for two days straight definitely got me nowhere. Literally. And these were one of those times that I was so grateful for having a bathroom in my room.

I couldn't talk to Cassie as much as I wanted to. Last time I tried to ask somebody about their supernatural abilities, I ended up injured, looking like a crazy person, being fed blood and spent the rest of my birthday with vampires.

I tried looking up different vampire legends, but majority of them were so ridiculous. They referred to them as the "cold ones", but the problem with that was they weren't literally cold.

From what I had seen, vampires aren't really what we were taught, or exposed to. Anybody can be one, and I know that now. Anybody whom I talk to, or pass can be one because that's how easy it is for them to blend in with the world that isn't exposed to supernaturalism, unless you're a part of the other world. Vampires could walk in the sunlight. They could eat garlic. I know that for a fact, considering how many times we've had pizza. Crosses were a myth as well. Amy wore one all the time.

And it was the same thing for witches. Whether or not my powers were gone, I was still a witch. Even if I don't use them or have access to them, I was still one. And since I don't have my powers, it makes it harder for someone to point their finger at me and say, "She's a witch." Cassie, Mason & I could walk down the street and no one would ever assume there was something different about it. Just how it's always been since we were little. Aside from Mason & I, everyone would always treat us so fragile.

My dad assumed the reason for me avoiding everyone was for him missing my birthday and it ate me up inside to think that my dad took fault for my distance. I wish it was that easy for me to just tell him what was going on, but for his own sake & safety, I couldn't reveal him to that. When Cassie & Mason came back from the store that night, I begged Amy & Henley to tell that that I passed out from all the drinking.

But I didn't pass out. As a matter of fact, I haven't slept any since that night. Every time I closed my eyes, the thought of Zayn hovering over me shoving his wrist into my mouth played like a movie. The memory was so clear as if it were happening all over again.

Now that I was revealed, I had more questions, but I knew where questions got me. It got me here. But I knew these were valid questions that I needed answers to, because without it, I knew I would drive myself even crazier than I already have. But I didn't know who to ask. I couldn't blame Avalon for telling me all that she did. In a way, she felt like I deserved to know. I was a grown adult now, but the way I was handling it sure didn't show it. I couldn't talk to Amy & Henley about it. The way they babied me the night of my birthday made it evident that I would be hard for them to tell me the ugly truth.

But there was one person who I knew who wasn't afraid to tell me how it is. No matter how much he made my skin crawl, made the anger boil through my veins, he always told me the truth. And I hoped this time wouldn't be an exception.

It was normal to have second thoughts about calling him or not. But if I chickened out now, I would get further much from nowhere than I already am. Courage came out of the blue, and I took that as an advantage, quickly scrolling all the way down to the bottom of my contacts. I brought the phone up to my ear, waiting a few rings until there was a stammered hello on the other end.