Dreams

That morning we woke up feeling buzzed as ever. The memories from the night before were imprinted in the form of love bites and light bruises on my inner thighs and hips. When I turned to my side, I noticed that Zayn was gone.

I shot up gripping the sheets. The bathroom door creaked open along with steam slowly pouring out as Zayn stepped out with a towel around his waist and neck; his hair wet tousled.

His tattoos littering his toned and lean body causing me to tug my bottom lip between my teeth.

"Hey baby." he said smiling and kneeling down to give me a kiss on the lips.

"Listen, Celia picked something up. She said she wants us there as soon as possible so get dressed."

Once we got dressed and left the apartment, we quickly drove to Celia's. The worst and best outcomes lingered in my mind. The constant 'what if's' dancing around and taunting me.

"It's all going to be fine." Zayn said, sensing my anxiety and kissing my knuckles like he always does.

When we arrived at Celia's she was waiting for us with Cassidy sitting opposite to her.

"What did you guys find?" Zayn asked, sitting down with me following suit.

"She has a witch." Cassidy said.

"But," Celia interjected, "whoever he or she is, is cloaking themselves with a cloaking spell. Whoever it is knows what they're doing. We've tried working around the cloaking spell but there's just no way. Also, another thing," Celia said looking at me, "whenever why try to trace them, it leads to you."

Zayn looked taken back, "what do you mean leads to her?"

"Whenever we try to trace them, the tracing spell leads straight to Nani. We don't know why."

"This is going to be a lot harder than we thought." I said slumping my shoulders.

"Actually there's one more thing. We did find something, I just don't know how you're going to react to it." Cassidy said slowly.

"Well Celia ha-" A shrill ringing from a cellphone coursed through the air, cutting Cassidy mid sentence.

It took me a few seconds to realize that the phone ringing was mine and a couple more to actually answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Nani?"

"Yea hey Mason, what's up?"

"You need to get over here. Like now."

"Why?"

"Just do it. You'll see when you get here."

I hung up and Zayn grabbed my hand, "let's go."

"So soon?" Celia asked surprised.

"We'll come back tomorrow, I promise." I said grabbing my things to leave.

"Wait, I'm coming with you." Cassidy suddenly shot up from her seat.

"If it concerns Mason then don't think I won't." She said, already walking towards the door.

"Celia we'll stay in touch." Zayn said before she firmly nodded.

The three of us got in our cars and drove home. When we got there, the tension in the air was evident. I slowly opened the front door, walking in and hanging my jacket on the coat hanger. There was a specific scent in the air, one that I recognized but couldn't exactly pin point.

"Mason im home! What happened, are you okay?" I yelled walking inside my living room but stopping dead in my tracks the moment I saw Avalon seated on my couch with her legs crossed while sipping a steaming cup of tea.