Chapter Eight

Guys, i think there'll only be a couple chapters after this one :c

Song: Just The Way You Are- Pierce The Veil (Punk Goes Pop)

------&------

“So that means you’re my uncle!” I woke up to hear Addison’s excited voice. I mentally groaned at Mike for telling her that him and Vic were brothers.

I heard Mike chuckle. “Looks like they’re awake,” he pointed out.

“Mommy, did you know that Mike was my uncle? He’s so cool and tattoo-y. He’s probably cooler than daddy,” Addison pointed out, tugging on my arms.

“Did I just here that?” Vic murmured into his pillow as I rolled onto the floor and Addison sat on top of me.

“C’mon daddy, you have no tattoos so that means you’re not cool. Even mommy has tattoos!” Addison exclaimed.

“But I’m afraid of needles,” Vic pouted.

“Wait, I have an idea!” Addison exclaimed, getting off of me and running back to the bunks. She came back with her little spiky purse that she liked to keep everything “special” in. “Uncle Mike and mommy are going to help me tattoo you,” she said, pulling some temporary tattoos out of her purse.

“But those are girl tattoos,” Vic pouted again.

“Face it, you’re not that far from being a girl,” Addison said, a completely blank expression on her face. Mike couldn’t stop laughing and I just sighed. This was her typical behaviour.

“I’ll get paper towels!” Mike said, going to the kitchen section of the bus.

“I’m giving you this pony, Cinderella, lots of hearts...” as Addison kept on listing the tattoos she was going to give Vic, I got off of the floor just in time to see Alex walk into the bus.

I heart sped up as I attempted to flatten my obvious bed head and straighten my clothes that I slept in. Ugh, why did my appearance matter that much to me right now?

“Hey Claire,” Alex said with a small smile.

“Um... hi,” I murmured. “What are um... what are you doing here?” I asked.

“Well, I came to say sorry to Vic for what happened a couple days ago. I was drunk and I wasn’t thinking,” Alex confessed.

“It’s all good, I barely remember it anyways,” Vic said as Addison started to put on the first tattoo. “Ow, be more gentle,” he scolded, causing Mike to chuckle.

“Claire... can I talk to you outside for a sec?” Alex asked.

“Yeah... sure,” I said, stepping outside with him. “What’s up?” I asked when the tour bus door closed and we were outside.

“Do you remember anything I said that night?” He asked, sighing.

I shrugged. “I don’t know, most of it was just you rambling about space.”

“There was one thing I said. ...About how I was taking advantage of Addison to get to you,” he said.

I looked into his eyes, seeing the pain behind them. “Alex, you were drunk,” I said, not wanting to believe that any of that was true.

“It’s true. The day I asked Addison to play soccer with us, that was to get your attention. I wanted you to think that I was a family guy who loved kids and shit. I mean, I like kids but... I like you more,” he confessed.

I sighed in frustration. “I can’t believe you. I knew it was a bad idea to come on this stupid tour.”

“No. If you didn’t come here, I wouldn’t have been able to meet you and I would forget what it’s like to love. All I’m asking is just please, please give me another chance,” he begged.

I shook my head. “My daughter is here because I didn’t have a choice. If you would’ve just told the truth from the beginning, I wouldn’t be this furious. Please, don’t bother me or my daughter again,” I said, opening the door to the bus and slamming it behind me.

My anger was masking the pain that I felt. I knew Alex’s niceness was too good to be true. There always had to be something wrong with these men. Eleven years ago, I thought Vic was perfect. That was until I learned that he was afraid to be a father.

“Mommy, help me put the unicorn horn on his forehead!” Addison shouted as Mike pinned Vic down on the floor.

I giggled and walked over to them, taking my mind off of Alex.

“You have to wear them onstage!” Addison yelled, clutching Vic’s leg so that he couldn’t escape to the washroom to take all of the tattoos off. “And you can’t waste all of my hard work.”

“Five minutes till stage,” Jaime said, making his way outside.

Vic groaned. “You win this time. Now let’s get to stage,” he said as I was already halfway out the door. I was already running late and I couldn’t risk being any later.

Once I got to the stage, I quickly tuned Vic’s guitar as someone else tuned Tony’s. After I passed the guitar to Vic, he went onto the stage after giving me a small peck on the lips. We were becoming so casual about everything and I was kind of worried.

As they started Hell Above, I heard some people making comments about Vic’s tattoos. I’m sure when the fans told him to get a tattoo, this was not what they had in mind.

When the song was over, there was a chorus of cheers. “I’m sure you guys are wondering about my new ink,” Vic started, glancing towards Addison. “I’m telling you guys this truthfully... I love sparkly pink things,” he joked.

The audience laughed, then Vic cleared his throat. “Actually, these are all temporary but you can help me persuade Mike to get this unicorn horn on his forehead though, ‘cause it’s pretty cool. But these tattoos are all thanks to Addison... my daughter.”

A few people gasped and my eyes widened as I cupped a hand over my mouth. I glanced at Addison and she smiled widely as she ran onto the stage. She gave Vic a hug and the whole audience cheered for her. This was going to be the start of a fan-crazy disaster.