Chapter Five

Song: To Live And Let Go- All Time Low

--------&--------

In the morning, I woke up in a slight panic. First of all, living with insomnia and getting any amount of sleep was surprising and quite alarming. Second of all, I didn’t hear Zack snoring which most likely meant he was gone which most likely meant that Alex and Addison were gone with him.

I got out of my bunk and looked in Addison’s. To no surprise, she wasn’t there. Jack and Rian were still sleeping, and Zack and Alex were also gone. I groaned as I made my way to the front of the bus. No one was there.

I was starting to panic even more as I got outside.

“Again! Again!” I heard Addison’s excited voice and immediately I started to calm down.

I walked around the bus to see Vic pick Addison up and spin her around, causing her to erupt in small giggles. Beside them was Alex, who was laughing along with them.

“What’s going on here?” I asked, trying not to sound agitated.

“Morning to you too, Claire,” Alex said with a laugh. “Addy was bored so she woke me up and we came outside. Zack went to go get some hot chocolate and Vic came over to play with us,” he explained.

“Addy?” I asked, looking at Addison.

“It’s a nickname. She liked it.”

“And it’s so much easier to say,” Addison added, hanging upside down with Vic holding her feet. “Vic is so much fun, mommy! He’s like a monkey,” she giggled.

What was Vic trying to do here? He’s had no interest in his daughter until this very moment. There was something about this that wasn’t right. It was like he was taking advantage of her to get to me. Oh god, that sounded so selfish.

“Hot chocolate?” Zack suddenly appeared beside me with a tray of hot chocolate. I gladly took one and took a long sip, letting the liquid burn my tongue and down my throat.

“Thanks,” I muttered as I watched him pass the drinks around the everyone.

“So, I just got a phone call from my sister, confirming that she’s coming to Warped tomorrow,” Zack said, to make conversation.

“That’s rad! His sister is great,” Alex said with a smile.

“Why don’t you try to date her then?” I murmured just under a whisper.

“Did you say something?” He asked with true infatuation.

“Just that I’m excited to meet her,” I said with a fake smile. Vic was really harshening my mood this morning or something.

“Vic, will you come in the All Time Low bus with us for the drive there?” Addison begged.

“Honey, he has his own band members to-”

“Of course I’ll come with you, as long as it isn’t a problem with anyone else,” Vic interrupted, looking towards Alex.

“It’s fine with me, I’m sure Jack, Rian and Zack are the same. How about you, Claire?” Alex asked as all eyes went towards me.

“Sure,” I mumbled, making my way back onto the bus. Soon enough, everyone was on board and we were making our way to the Baltimore show.

“Zack!” I heard a girl yell. I turned around to see someone speed-walking towards us. She had a wide smile on her face.

“Rebecca!” Zack enthused as him, Jack, Alex and Rian all ran towards her. She was engulfed in a hug, almost falling to the ground in the process. I wish that I could be hugged like that.

“Be prepared for a lot of parties,” Lydia murmured from beside me, appearing out of nowhere.

“Why?” I asked.

“Rebecca is a bit of a party animal, especially around Jack and Alex,” Lydia explained. This was going to be a great time of constantly worrying about Addison... oh goody!

I saw Jaime walk towards me and I turned my business personality on. I was positive that he didn’t remember me from high school because him and Tony were two grades behind Vic and one grade behind Mike, so I didn’t see them very often.

“Hey Claire, have you seen Vic around?” He asked, looking around my vicinity. “He texted me saying he was in the ATL bus with you.”

“Um... he should be around here somewhere-”

“Tag, you’re it!” I heard Addison yell as she ran past me with Vic chasing after her. Vic quickly caught her and carried her over to me, Lydia and Jaime.

“Hey Hime, you remember Claire, right?” Oh god, was he blowing our cover? I thought we were supposed to keep everything a secret! What’s happening?

“Yeah... she’s our guitar tech,” Jaime said, obviously not catching the greater meaning.

“Right. Well... how was the ride here?” Vic asked, seeming kind of awkward. Addison was squirming under his grasp so he let her go and she hugged me.

“It was fine. Tony was singing Prince songs while thinking of you and Mike was talking about Addison over here. Can I talk to you in private, Vic?” Oh god, this was it. Mike told them about our “secret.”

“Yeah. See you at the set Addy,” Vic said before walking off with Jaime.

“Bye Jaime,” Lydia said in a small voice.

I chuckled. “Bye Jaime,” I teased, dramatizing her voice.

She hit my arm. “Shut up,” she muttered through clenched teeth.

“Hey, I’m not the one with the obvious crush,” I joked.

“Jaime is cute, I would totally bang him,” Addison added, causing me to look at her with wide eyes.

“Did Jack teach you that?” I asked.

She nodded. “He also told me where babies come from. Who knew dinosaurs were so versatile?” She said, getting laughs out of me and Lydia.

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Lydia said as she walked over to the merch stand to get ready from another day of Warped.

“Claire, this is Rebecca,” Alex said, walking up to me with his arm around a girl who was obviously Rebecca.

“Nice to meet you,” I forced a smile, but I was still annoyed with Vic and I just wanted to run over to him and Jaime and punch him in the face. I wouldn’t do that, of course. But I can dream.

“Nice to meet you too,” Rebecca said with a smile.

“If you guys don’t mind, I have to talk to Claire for a sec,” Vic came over and interrupted our intros. He didn’t wait for anyone to respond. He just grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side.

“Does Jaime know?” I asked.

“I just made sure that the entire band knows the truth. But don’t worry, they’re my three best friends and I know they won’t tell a soul. Don’t be surprised if they start to get closer to Addison though,” Vic explained.

I groaned, holding my forehead. “Okay,” I murmured.

Vic was forever going to be a headache.

--------&--------

lol so how do you feel about Rebecca the party animal as well as Zack's sister? :P

do you think anything will happen between Lydia and Jaime?

:o dun dun dun duuuun