Chapter Seven

This is dedicated to LovelyAllTimeLow for helping me through a writer's block crisis ty <3

Song: Passing Through A Screen Door- The Wonder Years

--------&--------

In the morning I cuddled with Addison on the couch as we watched Adventure Time. I wasn’t looking forward to seeing Vic, but I knew I had to face him sooner or later, considering I was working with him.

“Morning,” Vic’s groggy voice said as he emerged from the bunks. I remembered that voice so clearly, it almost hurt. I heard that voice almost every morning for the longest time.

“Hi Vic!” Addison enthused.

“Hi,” Vic muttered, collapsing on the couch beside her.

“Can we go to the zoo?” Addison suddenly asked.

“Honey, I don’t think-”

“That sounds great, as long as your mom is up for it,” Vic quickly answered as he smiled weakly. “What do you say, Claire?”

Addison looked up at me with her cute puppy eyes and I couldn’t resist. I swear she got those from her father. I sighed. “Okay.”

“Yay! I’m going to get dressed!” Addison enthused, running back to the bunks.

“Claire, I’m really so-”

“I don’t want you to bring up anything about yesterday. We’re just going to the zoo with Addison and we’re going to forget about everything that’s happened this summer. This is just about Addison.”

Vic nodded. “Sounds great.”

“That one looks like Vic!” Addison said, pointing at one of the monkeys. “Were you a monkey before you became an old man?” She asked, looking at Vic with a wide grin.

Vic picked Addison up and held her upside down. “Stop being mean to me, or else I’ll feed you to my brothers,” he teased, walking closer to the monkey cage.

“Put me down! Put me down!” Addison gasped through laughs.

“Not until you say sorry.”

“I’m sorry I reminded you of your horrible monkey past.”

Vic finally put her down and she looked at the monkeys again. Vic came to stand beside me as an employee started talking to Addison about what monkeys eat. “She’s great, Claire,” Vic murmured.

“I know,” I replied.

“She is a product of me after all,” he added with a teasing grin.

I laughed and gave him a light shove. “She’s also a product of me, monkey man,” I countered.

He snorted. “Monkey man,” he repeated as  he went over to Addison again. He turned around and winked at me, causing me to groan. This man was so dirty-minded sometimes.

“Can we get ice cream?” Addison asked, tugging on Vic’s hand.

“Of course,” Vic said as he grabbed my hand as well. We all swung our hands back and forth as we made our way to the food court. Vic ordered three ice cream cones and Addison and I took a seat as Vic paid for them.

“Do you like Vic?” Addison asked.

“Why? Do you like him?” I asked her.

She nodded. “He’s really fun to be around and I’m glad that he’s always going to be my daddy,” she beamed. That smile just made me give in. Her smile brightened my day and heightened my mood.

Vic suddenly sat next to me. “Were you guys gossiping about me?” He asked with a pout.

“We were talking about how smelly you are after your concerts,” Addison teased, sticking her tongue out at him.

“Well, you’re smelly all the time,” Vic said, sticking his tongue out as well.

I chuckled at their bickering as I took a bite of my ice cream cone.

“I want to go to the park!” Addison enthused as she saw a playground in the distance. I let her run ahead while I slowly walked with Vic.

Vic’s hand grazed mine and I flinched a bit. He sighed and I took a seat on a bench near the playground as he sat beside me. “Am I getting better?”

“Better at what?”

“Being a father.”

I sighed. “Something is better than nothing, Vic. But her whole life, she’s never had a father figure. I don’t understand why she’s so close to you and all the other boys at Warped for that matter.”

Vic nodded, knowingly. “She must feel comfortable in this environment. And I mean, it makes sense since both of her parents are music junkies.”

I chuckled. “I guess.”

“I’m going to make things better, Claire. I promise.”

After we went out for dinner, Addison fell asleep very quickly. After putting her to bed in the Pierce The Veil tour bus – in Vic’s bunk – I sat beside Vic on the couch. Everyone else must’ve been partying again.

“I had fun today,” I confessed. Don’t get me wrong, I was happy that Vic was trying to be a father, but I was worried. I was worried because I felt like I was falling in love with him again. I couldn’t risk another heartbreak, but I also couldn’t keep Addison away from her father.

“I had fun too.” Vic smiled at me. He sighed as we made eye contact. “I can’t look at those eyes without wanting to kiss you.”

“Then kiss me.”

Vic looked surprised at first, but when my expression remained emotionless, he took the opportunity to crash his lips on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his arms went around my waist to deepen the kiss.

I felt Vic’s tongue run along my bottom lip, begging for entrance. I granted him access as our tongues explored each other’s mouths. While I was kissing him, it felt like it hadn’t been very long since we last had a kiss like this.

Vic hands slid down my back and suddenly trailed under my shirt. As his hands slid further up my shirt, I suppressed a moan. I was about to let him pull my shirt off before the sound of the tour bus door opening stopped me.

“Looks like things are getting a little steamy in here, Hime,” Mike teased in a drunken state as him and Jaime climbed onto the bus. “We’ll leave you two be, we just want to go sleep.”

Jaime laughed as they both made their way back to the bunks.

“I guess there isn’t any room for us to sleep,” I pointed out when I realized that there weren’t enough bunks for everything. That was why the techs had to stay in a different van.

“You and I can sleep right here,” Vic said, lying down and putting an arm around my waist. I sighed and cuddled close to him, loving the feeling of his warm arms wrapped around me.

--------&--------

omg they did things :ooooo

also happy belated to my husband, Mike Fuentes. oh god i love him so much i just want to turn to cannibalism and eat him