Chapter Six

Love Like War- All Time Low ft. Vic Fuentes

--------&--------

The music was so loud, and I was starting to really worry about Addison. She had her headphones in but I was afraid someone was going to go to have sex and accidentally open the curtain to her bunk. The poor child would be scarred for her entire life.

“Claire,” I heard someone whisper. I opened the curtain to my bunk and saw Vic. “Everyone’s in here and the Pierce The Veil bus is empty. You and Addison can go with me if you want,” Vic explained.

“I don’t want to be an inconvenience to you again,” I shot.

Vic’s eyes narrowed. “This is for Addison. Don’t be so selfish.”

“Oh, I’m the selfish one?” I seethed as I got out of my bunk and went into Addison’s. She smiled at me and crawled into my arms as I made my way outside with Vic trailing close behind me.

“Where are we going?” Addison asked once we were outside.

“We’re going to have lots of fun in my tour bus,” Vic explained for me. “We can watch movies and eat junk food,” he added.

“Yay!” Addison enthused, a wide smile on her face. I was happy that she was so happy, but if it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t be doing this. Truth is, if it wasn’t for her I would probably be partying with everyone else.

Once we got onto the Pierce The Veil tour bus, Addison almost immediately passed out on the couch before we could even start a movie. Vic led me to the bunks and I put her in Vic’s bunk.

“Want something to drink?” Vic suggested, pulling a bottle of Jack from the fridge. “Is Jack still your guilty pleasure?” He asked with a smirk as he sat beside me and cracked open the bottle.

“I really shouldn’t. What if Addison wakes up and she needs me?” I pointed out, staring at the TV that was playing some pointless comedy.

“Why don’t you live a little, Claire? She’s ten, I think she can figure out where the bathroom is,” Vic countered, taking a sip.

“Being in a band really turned you into a huge fucking prick, I hope you know,” I shot, keeping my eyes on the television.

“Being a mother really turned you into... never mind. You’re basically the same high strung person you were back in high school.”

“Oh, I was the high strung one? I remember you always worrying about me, always making sure I was comfortable when I was escaping my horrible excuse for a home. You were and always will be the one constantly worrying. I’m just a good parent, something you definitely aren’t.”

“Why the fuck did I think I could ever win you back? You’ll always be stubborn and you’ll always hold a grudge on me,” Vic muttered.

“I wonder why! Maybe because you walked out on me and left me all alone!”

“I was a stupid kid! Why is it so hard for you to understand that?” Vic yelled, slamming the bottle of Jack on the table.

“I was scared too, Vic! Ever think of that?” I asked, my voice raising.

“In case you forgot, I was also depressed as shit back then. The cuts on my fucking wrists weren’t from the fucking cat, Claire!”

“Neither were mine, Vic! We were going through the same fucking problems, you-”

“Mommy, daddy, will you please stop yelling?” A small voice said from behind me. I turned around to see Addison clutching Vic’s blanket.

“Vic isn’t daddy, honey. Let’s go back to bed,” I said in a soft voice, going over to her and kneeling down to her level.

“But in your journal it said that he is my daddy,” Addison said.

I sighed. I didn’t know what to tell her, I didn’t want to disappoint her, but I didn’t want to get her hopes up either. There was no easy way that I could explain this to her.

“Addy, no matter what, I will always be your daddy, I just don’t deserve you calling me daddy yet,” Vic murmured behind me before leaving the tour bus.

I sat on the couch and stared blankly at the TV. Addison was sleeping and I was all by myself. I could hear the music in the distance and there was nothing I wanted to do more than party right now. But I couldn’t. I had to look after Addison, no matter what.

The door to the tour bus opened, revealing Zack and Rian. They looked to be completely sober.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked.

“Vic said you were in  here, along with a few profanities that I would rather not repeat. Zack and I weren’t drinking tonight. You can go to the party if you want, we’ll take care of Addison,” Rian explained as they both sat on the couch with me.

“I couldn’t ask you to do something like that. She’s my responsibility, not any of yours,” I sighed. I wanted to accept their offer, but I just couldn’t.

“As long as you promise not to get piss drunk and have your cell phone on you at all times, everything will be alright,” Rian continued to persuade me.

“I guess I can go for a few hours,” I murmured.

“Go have fun!” Zack enthused, pulling me off of the couch. “We’ll be here, probably watching Star Wars when you get back.”

“Thank you, guys. It really means a lot that you would do this for me,” I said before leaving the tour bus and making my way back over to the party.

I got onto the bus and smiled as I was greeted by a very drunk Mike Fuentes. He led me over to the couch where Alex, Jack and Rebecca were sitting. The only thing was, Jack and Rebecca were making out while Alex was on his phone.

“Hey stranger,” I said, sitting beside Alex and accepting a drink from Mike as he disappeared into the crowd.

“Oh hey, Claire! No one wants to talk about space with me but Buzz Aldrin is just too good not to talk about,” Alex said, laughing a bit. He was pretty drunk, which was probably why he didn’t care that Jack and Rebecca were practically having sex beside him.

I sighed and took a swig of my mystery drink. I remembered the taste of the Jack Daniels like it was yesterday. I used to always have sleepovers with Vic and he would bring an entire bottle of Jack and we would drink it together.

“Plus, Rebecca doesn’t want to be with me and neither do you. No one wants to be with little old Alex Gaskarth. I’m not smelly, I promise. I just have a big head sometimes,” he ranted.

“How do you know Rebecca and I don’t like you?” I asked.

“Rebecca is making out with Jack and you’re not. Although, I know you still have a thingy thing for Victor Fuentes. He’s a good dude. I wrote a song with him once. It goes “love like wa-a-a-a-ar, wa-a-a-a-ar”,” he sang pretty badly when he was drunk.

“Thank you for the information,” I muttered, taking another sip of my drink.

“I thought that using Addison to get to you would work, but you’re too good for that,” Alex said, thoughtfully.

“You fucking prick,” I looked up to see Vic standing right in front of Alex. Alex stood up to face him.

“Who are you to call me a prick? You’ve treated Claire like shit this entire time,” Alex countered.

“At least I’m not using my daughter to get to her. If anything it’s the other way around,” Vic said before walking out of the tour bus.

Alex quickly pushed through the crowd to follow him. Oh god... this wasn’t going to end well.

I ran outside just in time to see Alex throw Vic onto the ground. I ran back to the Pierce The Veil tour bus and quickly got Zack and Rian. They broke up the fight very quickly, considering they were two sloppy drunks.

I helped Rian bring Vic back to the Pierce The Veil bus while Zack lugged Alex back into the All Time Low bus. Hopefully no one would remember this in the morning. It was just stupid drunk fighting, right?

“I still love you, Claire. I’ll do anything for you!” Vic shouted as Rian pushed him back to the bunks.