Chapter 10 (part 1)

Pretty soon, the light from Marinette fades away, and she passes out, but Nathaniel catches her in time.

NATHANIEL: Alya, are you all right?

ALYA: (Groans) I'll be fine. What about Marinette?

NATHANIEL: She exhausted, but she'll live. (Performs a protection spell) Come on. We have to leave before someone else comes looking for her.

Before leaving, Alya and Nathaniel perform exorcising spells around the area to mask Marinette's scent.

A few minutes later...

(Urie, Mage, and Shiki appear)

URIE: (smells Marinette's scent) That's a shock. Marinette was the grimoire all along. To think we actually believed it was some kind of totem.

MAGE: Meaning that Berlin stuff was a big fat lie. Man, Adrien's going to get it when I find him.

URIE: I'm positive he knew the truth, but what was he trying to protect?

SHIKI: (smells the area) Dang it. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to pick up her scent.

URIE: Of course. It'd appear that the butterfly was taken by her knight, and best friend.

MAGE: Let's go.

(Urie, Mage, and Shiki disappear)

ADRIEN: (Adrien appears and looks around the area. Pulls out something from his pocket) what is it? Why do I feel this way?

Nathaniel and Alya take Marinette to the Exorcist Association in Berlin for protection. While Alya was being tended to her wounds and watched over Marinette, Nathaniel went to the exorcists and explained everything to them, but he left out the part about Alya being a vampire.

LEADER OF THE EXORCISTS: That all must have been difficult for you, Nathaniel. However, you and your friend, Alya, have nothing left to worry about. Bring Marinette to here was a wise choice. You, Alya, and Marinette are safe here in the Exorcist Association.

NATHANIEL: Thank you. If you'll excuse me, I need to go and check on them.

LEADER OF THE EXORCISTS: Of course. You're free to go now.

Nathaniel made his way to a 2-bed room where Marinette and Alya were staying in.

MARINETTE: (wakes up) Devils! They're here!

NATHANIEL: Calm down. You're safe

MARINETTE: Nathaniel. Where's Alya? Where are we?

NATHANIEL: Alya's resting. We're somewhere safe. We'll be staying here until you turn 18.

ALYA: (wakes up) hey, guys. How long was I out?

NATHANIEL: For about half an hour. We'll be safe here. You and Marinette should get some rest after what happened tonight.

MARINETTE: OK. (Falls asleep)

NATHANIEL: Don't worry. Everything will be all right in the end. (Kisses the top of Marinette's head before leaving)

The Fernsehturm

(Mage appears and finds Urie and Shiki on the tower)

MAGE: What are you slackers up to?

URIE: If you must know, we were planning to do some butterfly catching. But alas, it appears that the butterfly has been caged.

(Mage looks over to see the Exorcist Association building)