Chapter 9 (part 2)

(Time skip)

The ballroom

Marinette and Alya made their way to the ballroom, where they meet Nino waiting for Alya at the entrance. After escorting Alya inside, they all went to get their drinks.

FEMALE SERVER: Thank you for coming. Don't forget to take a glass.

MALE SERVER: Grape for the gentlemen. And orange for the ladies.

FEMALE SERVER: Whoever gets the crowns will be our lucky king and queen.

MARINETTE: I wonder who'll get the crowns this year.

(Chloe and Sabrina appear)

CHLOE: It's obviously going to be moi, and my king will be my sweet Adrikins.

MARINETTE: Isn't that what you said last year, and you ended up not getting the crown?

(Alya and Nino snicker from Marinette's comment)

CHLOE: You'll see, Maritrash. (Chloe drinks her drink, and looks inside. She ends up angry) I don't have the crown. (Growls)

(Lila appears)

LILA: I told you weren't going to get it, Chloe. Now, it's time for me to take m rightful place next to Adrien on the dance floor. (Chuckles before drinking her drink and looks inside. She ends up angry)

CHLOE: I guess you didn't get the crown either, Super Liar (chuckles)

Marinette drinks her drink and ends up hearing a sound. She checks it, and sees that she has the queen crown.

(Various people, including Chloe, Lila, Sabrina, Alya, & Nino gasp)

Urie, Mage, and Shiki see this, and drink their drinks. They check to see if any of them got the king crown, but ended up with nothing.

URIE, MAGE, & SHIKI: Grrrr.

ALYA: Oh thank god.

MARINETTE (in her thoughts): I wonder who the king is gonna be.

(A girl screams)

GIRL 3: The Great Adrien is here!!

(Adrien walks in, making various ogle at him and blush)

FEMALE SERVER: Glad you're here. We saved a glass for you.

ADRIEN: Thank you so much (takes the glass)

(Adrien drinks his drink, and hears a sound)

ADRIEN: Huh?

He looks to see it was the king crown, and everyone around him, including Lila, Chloe, Sabrina, Marinette, Urie, Mage, Shiki, Nino, and Alya gasp.

(Marinette blushes)

ALYA: Girl, you CAN'T!!!

NATHANIEL: Marinette, you have to switch!!

(Various people run ahead of them to Marinette and Adrien)

GIRLS AND BOYS: Our happy king! Our happy queen! Congratulations!!

(Marinette and Adrien take their place at the king and queen thrones)

MARINETTE (in her thoughts): I can't believe this is really happening.

ADRIEN: What an odd coincidence. Who would've thought you and I would get the crowns. Strange don't you think?

MARINETTE: I guess so