Chapter 3

The next day

MARINETTE: Thank you for the hospitality, Adrien.

ADRIEN: Where are you both going?

ALYA: We're going back home. It's the weekends, and a friend of ours is coming back tonight.

ADRIEN: It still may not be safe to go out there.

MARINETTE: It's a risk I'm going to take. If it means finding my mom, and getting some answers, I'm willing to do it. (Leaves the front gate)

ADRIEN: Is she always this stubborn?

ALYA: You have no idea. Thank you for the hospitality, though. See you around. (leaves with Marinette)

After the girls leave, Adrien calls Nino to see if he found any leads.

ADRIEN: Nino, find anything yet?

NINO: Sorry, dude. There's still no word on where Marinette's mother or the forbidden grimoire is. I'll keep looking. Did Marinette or Alya give you any information?

ADRIEN: They didn't know anything at the moment. Marinette did tell me that her grandfather and father were also looking for the grimoire.

NINO: I guess that's something. Do you think we could ask her relatives if they know anything?

ADRIEN: I already asked them last night, but turns out both her grandfather and father are dead, so she doesn't know anything.

NINO: I see. Well, I have to go. Talk to you soon.

ADRIEN: See ya.

(Adrien hangs up)

In the streets

MARINETTE: So, are we still planning on going to Tikki and Renni's household, Alya?

ALYA: Yeah. I called my mom and told her where we were going, so we're in the clear. Let's go. Tikki and Renni's house isn't that far from where we are.

(Time skip)

Tikki and Renni's household

(Alya rings the doorbell, and Ms. Tikki opens the door)

MARINETTE: Hello. I'm...

(Tikki interrupts)

TIKKI: Marinette Dupain-Cheng, daughter of Sabine Cheng. And this is your best friend, Alya Césaire. Both of you are 10th graders that attend Collège Françoise Dupont, alongside, Adrien Agreste. And you both happen to be here in hopes that Renni and I help you learn to master your abilities ever since your mother was kidnapped. Am I correct?

(Marinette and Alya stare in shock for a moment before blinking.)

ALYA: Yes, that's all correct. So, can you and Ms. Renni help us?

TIKKI: I will have to talk with her about it, but you both are welcomed to stay in the living room while you wait.

MARINETTE: Thank you, Miss.

(Time skip)

(Renni and Tikki appear)

RENNI: We have decided to train you both. Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, you both will come here to train with us. Is that fine?

MARINETTE: That'll be all right. If something comes up and we won't be able to make it, we'll be sure to contact 1 of you.

TIKKI: That'll be great. Before you both leave, you both will be needing these.