Chapter 7

(Lila appears)

LILA: Hey, Adrien. I didn't know you in the library.

ADRIEN: I was just looking for something.

LILA: Maybe I can help.

ADRIEN: Thank you, Lila, but no thank you. I have to get going (leaves).

As Adrien was walking back to the 3rd library from the gardens, he saw Marinette pull out what looked to be an ancient book. In order to hear and see her without being caught, he hid behind a pillar.

ADRIEN (in his thoughts): What is that?

ALYA: (Alya walks up to Marinette) What's that book, girl?

MARINETTE: It's a book I found at my grandfather's house before it was burnt down.

ALYA: Does Adrien know that you have that?

MARINETTE: No. After I found out that he was only using me to get to the grimoire like his friends, I chose to keep this a secret. There were mentions of the grimoire inside the book, but nothing relating to my family was found in it. Not yet at least. I have another book regarding artifacts and legends back at your house in my room.

ALYA: Smart, girl. Come on. We still have homework to do, and other things to do if we're going to Count Agreste's ball this evening.

MARINETTE: Fair point

(Marinette places the book back in her bag and walks off with Alya)

ADRIEN (in his thoughts): I need to get my hands on those books (made his way back to the 3rd library).

The 3rd library

NINO: What up, dude?

ADRIEN: Turns out that Marinette managed to sneak some books that her grandfather kept out of his house before it was burnt down. She hid them from me all this time. She has one of them, but she hid the other one somewhere in her room back at Alya's house," Adrien said.

NINO: I told you from the beginning that she was going to be difficult to deal with. Even I have to admit, that was smart of her. What's so special about those books?

ADRIEN: I overheard her talking to Alya. She said that there were mentions of the grimoire inside them.

URIE: I guess we'll have to get our hands of those books then.

ADRIEN: No. I'll be the one to do it. Already because of you and Mage, she won't give me the information we need.

MAGE: (scoffs) Whatever. She's like totally hot for me. Next time, she will tell me what we need to know, even if it's by force.

NINO: I guess we all might have the chance to see how that'll turn out.

SHIKI: What do you mean by that, Nino?

NINO: I was talking with Alya the other day, and she said that she and Marinette will be going to that ball Adrien's father is hosting tonight.

MAGE: I guess tonight's ball will be interesting.

URIE: I wonder what dress the butterfly will be wearing tonight.

Alya's house

MARINETTE: Does Tikki and Renni know that we won't be able to make to training tonight?

ALYA: Don't worry. I called them ahead of time, and they know.