Chapter 1

(17 years after Lord Maksis' death)

Today was another day of school for Marinette. Before leaving, Sabine placed a new small pack of special herbs in Marinette's ladybug pendant.

MARINETTE: Are you sure you don't need anything else, Mom?

SABINE: Don't worry, dear. I'll be fine.

MARINETTE: (Marinette smiles) see you after school. (Marinette leaves.)

In the school hallway

ALYA: (Alya runs up) Hey, girl.

MARINETTE: I know, Alya. I can't wait for school to be over. After this, it's off to college, and then our dream jobs," Marinette said.

ALYA: It's even better. We don't have any classes with Chloe, Sabrina, or Lila this semester.

MARINETTE: Oh, thank god. 5 bucks says Chloe is happy about that, too.

ALYA: I know, right. Come on, we have to hurry before we're late.

(Time skip) After classes

(Another student approaches)

THE STUDENT: Hello, Ms. Marinette.

MARINETTE: Yes?

THE STUDENT: You've been asked to go to the 3rd library. The Student Council President wishes to see you.

MARINETTE: I'll be right there.

ALYA: (Alya grabs Marinette's shoulder) Why on earth would the Student Council President want to see you?

MARINETTE: I don't know, but I should go. Talk to you soon.

Student Council song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVlvxq4lOoQ (Nino isn't in the song) (Marinette is Ritsuka and Adrien is Rem)

In the 3rd library

ADRIEN: Marinette Dupain-Cheng...

MARINETTE: Yes, that's me.

ADRIEN: Adrien Agreste, President of Collège Françoise Dupont Student Council. Thank you meeting with us, although I wish it was under better circumstances.

MARINETTE: Is there something wrong?

ADRIEN: We've received word that you've violated school policies in the past (walks up to her).

MARINETTE: What?!? That's ridiculous! I've never broken a rule in my life!

ADRIEN: (Adrien looks at a note). Yet, this note says otherwise. Do you deny it?

MARINETTE: You bet I do! Who wrote that note anyway, and why does it say that I broke rules?

ADRIEN: I'll be the one asking the questions. Understand?

MARINETTE: (Quietly growls) You should at least let me defend myself!

NINO: Watch it, dude. This one talks back. She's got a mind of her own.

MAGE: This got interesting.

ADRIEN: (Adrien smiles). You're quite intriguing. You're not like all the other girls at this school, are you?

MARINETTE: Uh...

The next thing Marinette notices is that she's under some kind of trance, and Adrien is staring directly at her.