Untangle Me (an Embry Call Love Story) 11 It Was Nice To Meet You

CHAPTER 11 

I hugged myself to keep warm. This walked seemed so much shorter when I was walking it with Embry. I finally reached my new home. 

“hey I’m home!” I called. 

“how was Embry’s?” Emily asked from the couch. 

She was sitting and flipping though channels as Sam slept. He was holding her close. 

“I official meet his mom…” I stopped. 

“what is it?” she asked noticing my expression. 

“he introduced me as his girlfriend….I asked him to official ask me out at some random time” I laughed to myself. 

“I guess it was random.” she said smiling at me. 

I smiled back. 

“yeah I guess so” I could no longer hide the smile on my face. 

“so are you going to go to bed or do you have plans?” she asked. 

“I was going to go back to Embry’s around 11 if that’s alright” I asked. 

She nodded. 

“yeah go have fun” she told me 

I nodded

 “thanks” I said before I went to my room. 

I sat on my bed and thought real hard. I jumped up and looked through on of my dads boxes I brought with me. I looked though some of my moms old stuff and finally I found what I was looking for. It was a picture of a man with honey blonde hair. I looked closer. I gasped when I saw he had the same chin as me. I flipped it over to the back and read 

‘ never forget me 

Love. J’

I frowned. That’s all I get is a stupid letter. Not a full name just the stupid letter J. I groaned and fell back on my bed. It felt like forever but finally it was eleven. I packed a small bag with some PJ’s and clothes for tomorrow before slipping out through the window. I once again walked down the cold road to Embry’s. I shivered against the cold. I had this odd feeling like someone was following me. I crossed my arms and walked faster. 

“Ahhh, stop!” I heard someone squeal. 

I once again quickened my pace. Trying to keep to the well lit areas of the roads as I walked. 

“hey you!” someone called. 

I hoped they weren’t trying to talk to me. 

“Excuse me! Blondie!” they yelled, quiet enough not to wake up all of La Push but loud enough to get my attention. 

I sighed and turned around. 

“Are you new her?” I girl asked. 

She was pretty. Tan like everyone else. She had the most amazingly beautiful hazel eyes I have every seen.  

“uh, yeah” I said walking backwards. 

“well welcome” she said with a dazzling smile. 

“thanks” I said smiling back. 

“so… if you don’t mind me asking, what are you doing out so late?” she asked. 

I smiled a little more. 

“I’m um, going to sneak into my boyfriends room” I answered. 

She studded me. 

“you already have a boyfriend?” she questioned. 

I nodded. 

“two more questions. Who is he and how long have you been here?” she asked jogging up to me. 

I turned around facing the way to Embry’s  house as I answered. 

“almost three weeks, and his name is Embry Call” I said

“wow, that was fast” she mumbled low enough she thought I couldn’t hear her. “doesn’t he hang out with Jacob Black?” she asked. 

I nodded 

“yeah their best friends” I said. 

She frowned. 

“he doesn’t hang out with just anyone, they must like you” she mumbled. 

“I was friends with them when we were little” I said

She seemed shocked. 

“I thought you were new here” she said 

“I was here for one summer when I was little, and we just got close, then my..” I paused and forced out the word “dad wanted to come back so here I am” I said fake smiling at the end.  

“are you going to go to the rez school?” she asked. 

I nodded again. 

“you?” I asked. 

She nodded. 

“I’m going to be a junior” she said. 

“me too!” I said surprised that I might actually know someone at school besides the pack. 

Her pretty face light up with a smile. 

“I’m Kate” she said sticking out her hand for me to shake. 

“Aella” I said shaking her hand and smiling back. 

“I should get home, but it was nice to meet you” she said slowing her pace. 

“alright” I nodded. 

“see you at school, hopefully we’ll have classes together” she said. 

“I would like that” I mumbled as she walked away.