Le Paon

Wow. Today was a very interesting day. It is very rare when I get a chance to walk home because usually wherever I go, there is a limousine waiting for me. This little walk meant a lot to me, it meant that I can see the world behind the windows of my posh car, that I feel the refreshing wind rushing through my golden hair, also that I could enjoy myself and I get plenty of time to think. 

Gabriel is so cute! The only problem is that I know that my parents would never let me be even friends with someone like Gabriel. They think if a child has no 'special' powers then they're useless, which is 100% wrong. Everyone deserves to be treated equally, it doesn't matter who you are. I am still hoping they would understand this, but there literally no chance that would ever happen.  

I was walking down the street when I turned to my right to see a poor butterfly stuck in a sticky spider web. I love butterflies, I was always fascinated by them. All of the butterflies I saw in my 17 years on Earth, I always thought that each and every butterfly was unique and special in its own way. The sight of one of my favourite insect getting tapped a web of evil, made me feel truly sorry for the butterfly. After all, what has that poor soul done to be captured the same way flies and bugs are?

For some reason, the sight of the butterfly getting trapped reminded of how I feel. My life always felt like a huge web, not letting me make a choice or decide what I want. I always wanted to be helping others, help animals, as animals cannot speak for themselves, just like I can't. So I quickly but carefully detach the wings of the beautiful purple and white butterfly, saving its precious life.

"Now make sure that you look after yourself, little butterfly. Don't let webs catch you like they caught me. Bye-bye, my little butterfly!" I whisper to the insect as I gently open its wings, ready to fly to be free.

Just as I was about to go, an old man, about the age of 80 stood next to me. He looked like a quite interesting character, and I wondered what his story might be.

"I see you like butterflies. That was very kind of you, to save her," he said in a calming voice.

"Oh yes, I was always amazed by them! To be honest, I feel like a butterfly caught in a web sometimes too, so I guess I can kind off relate to her. It is horrible to not be able to make decisions for yourself." I smiled at him, hoping he would understand what I meant, but in response, all I got was an agreeing nod.

"Well I better get walking now, I don't want to be late. I hope you have a good day, mister." He smiled, while running towards home, constantly checking the time.

"You too, Le Paon." The old man whispered after I left. A green kwami appeared next to him, looking concerned.

"But, Master!" the kwami raised his eyebrow, "Are you sure? We just found the young Hawkmoth, and-"

"Wayzz, I have never been more sure about this in my whole life. She is clever and caring, and she understands people, she is truly a real superhero," he replied, in a soft and calming voice.