#16 All To The End

"Tick! Tick! Help me quick!" Joe cried and tick jumped out of his sleep. He looked at the clock ticking 6 in the morning. "What's up?" He asked. "Zombies somehow managed to breakthrough the main gate and they're trying to enter our room! Help me block the door!" Joe replied. Both of them quickly blocked the door by themselves to stop the force of zombies as they tried to break in. "Meryl! Shes upstairs! How do we help her?" Joe cried in horror. Tick glanced a look around and then said "hang in there" he picked up joe's gun from the table and climbed out of the window and before making his way to the iron rod, thought a million times for he was afraid of heights. He took a deep breath and tightened both his hands on the iron rod and hung there with his face to the window. He then immediately moved his left hand slowly to the right then the other one, then again the left one, then again the other till he now hung before a slanting slope on which he could stand on. He struggled up and ran forward and quickly climbed the wall to the roof where he found meryl shooting down the zombies who had made their way up. He joined her and pulled the trigger of joe's pistol, but nothing happened. Out of ammo he was. Put aside his pistol and picked up some broken pieces of hardened cement and threw them with great force into the eyes of the undead as the cried their way to death.
Both meryl and tick as a team were able to decrease the number of zombies. Meryl, then quickly looked down from the balcony and saw joe waving his hands. Probably indicating them to come down. Tick then jumped out of the balcony and grabbed the iron rod steadily. He pushed his body back and forth and then swung down in the hands of joe. He put him down and looked up in surprise as meryl jumped all the way up from the building, down to the ground by herself. "Hurry it up" she passed the keys to joe as he unlocked the door and entered the car. Meryl sat next to the driver's seat while tick adjusted himself beside a big box on the back seat. Joe tried starting the car but nothing happened. The worse, a good amount of zombies rushed out of the house and were now running towards the car with their green faces and scars and blood stains all over their torn clothes. "Damn!" Cried meryl. Joe looked around and felt that he had to do it. He took a deep breath and looked at his hands which were turning into a hot iron. He then quickly twisted the key with great force as it burnt into pieces, the good thing was that fortunately the car was ready to make run for it. Though it made wild noises and was on the verge of exploding into pieces in the way, the three, put all their hopes into it as joe sped it to the road with the zombies left behind. Tick looked out at the beautiful sunrise and the bright green trees and fields stretching over to great distances. He felt that the world couldve been such a good place to live, if and only the people couldve been better. And not to miss the apocalypse. He then looked at joe who concentrated to drive calmly and focusing om the road for he was probably expected to have been a wild beast. "Darn it! Blockage!" Exclaimed joe, looking at the big crowd of zombies hunting down survivors in in the village near the lake. "Let us pass this way as fast as we can." Tick said. Meryl turned back and stretched out her arm to remove the cloth from over the big box. And as soon as she removed it, tick saw himself by the side of a big machine gun. "Wield it" she said. Tick looked for a moment at meryl and then at the weapon. It really was scary. But he put his hand on it and reloaded it with great caution. He opened the windows and let out the mouth of the gun. As soon as joe neared the village, tick started firing down the horde. While on the other side, meryl sniped down the distant creatures.
Joe rushed through his way from off the village as both tick and meryl cleared the way. The survivors shouted for help but for now, the three had to pretend heartless to save the world. "Alright, we are done" joe successfully drove out of the town and let out a sigh of relief when suddenly a greasy undead jumped over on the car making joe go off balance. He began drifting the car left and right when suddenly another of a zombie jumped on the left door, trying to take it out. Both meryl and tick cried in horror while joe tried his best to evade the danger when again, another zombie jumped on the right door almost breaking it down. "What do we do now?" Tick cried as joe drove the car in a wild manner with the zombies almost inside. Joe looked hard at the steering. He stopped the car immediately and looked at Meryl. "Let this always be a secret." He murmured. "What?" Before meryl could ask joe raised his hands as a strong blow of wind lifted up the car with the zombies catching strong hold of it. Joe, left with no option, closed his hands as they began turning into pure hard metal and then banged it hard on the car. Undoubtedly, the car burst into pieces with the zombies flying down to the ground. The completely burnt pieces lay down on the grass, burning with a bit of redness. And then as the smoke cleared, things looked much explainable. Pieces and parts of the car, dented and black
Were all down on the ground. Tick pushed the bumper away and put his hand on the bleeding wound. He stood up, though he felt as if he was just hit by a truck. "Joe! Meryl!" He cried, his voice breaking down. Tick then caught sight of them man himself standing by theedge of the cliff, looking at the dark clouds. "Joe!" Tick ran forward as joe looked behind. "Oh, so you're well again!" Said joe. He looked quite in a good condition though he also was in the car which burst. Tick asked joe what had happened. Jo didn't reply. He put his hand inside his pocket and brought out a toy. He dipped the handle inside the cup like toy and blew the hole in front, producing a big bubble. It floated up some height in the sky and burst. "Think of it.. A big bubble as such can also have a man inside.. And so did it have me then..." He said. Tick then asked. "Meryl?"
"Oh im just fine..!" A voice called from behind.