#9 Time's running out!

"Come on then! Hurry it up tick!"
Joe ran up straight ahead as Tick followed him up the line of trees. "Its 5 already, we dont have much time! How much is it gonna take to the next town?" Tick asked. "3 hours at least, son" said joe dispassionately
Tick came to a sudden stop and then, so did joe. "Whats up? Tired already?" He asked tick.
"Now I kind of figue out why you were half dead back there near the lake" tick replied
"We just have one hour and you think we're gonna get there in time?" Tick now hung is head down but there was still no expression on joe's face. He turned and walked up slowly through the bright green grass as Tick eyed him dispassionately. In a moment joe raised his hands up high and let out a loud and an angry shout. Tick looked at him surprise, wondering what the old man was up to
Suddenly, tick could feel a bit of air gushing through the forests and soon there he saw a freshly spawned tornado, but not for the first time... It was pretty similar to what he had seen and was afraid that he might get blown away again. "Come on boy! Grab my hand" joe hurried towards the tornado and gestured tick to follow him up. The boy held his breath and tightly grabbed joe's hand as they both got absorbed in the tornado... Joe didn't shout because he saw no reason to be so startled about, except tick, who was in the middle of his worst nightmare. The high speed gushes pushed them up untile they reached the mouth of the tornado where they now levitated. "Gwaaaaaaa" tick now experienced one deadly nightmare, completely inevitable according to what he was going through. "Alright , let us go" joe grabbed tick hard when suddenly the tornado began to move, slowly but yet making its way largely every second.
"Stop shouting! We are safe! This tornado is harmless. And remember you're with me."
Joe tried consoling Tick, attempting to rescue him from his deadly nightmares
"Thats what im afraid of! Mumma always told me not to trust strangers!! Gwaaaa!! Good lord! Clear down the clouds and make way for a new resident! Im coming!"
Tick now felt half dead. His eyes nearly half shut. Nothing was clear.
"You wimp! Hang on! We are almost there!"
Joe could see the town some distance ahead..
He hoped to finally be able to save the future.
Though, tick had lost his consciousness and now felt nothing. Soon enough the tornado neared the end of the forest when it began to shrink. Joe now felt some satisfaction because there was plenty of time to find the first victim. "All right!" Joe dismounted the nearly dead tornado and put tick down on the ground. Joe stood on a relatively elevated ground , giving him a clear view of the place where they had to begin with their very first and expectedly , the last mission. "Come on tick! Let us go" he closed his right hand and opened it all of a sudden when tick felt something very bright right in front of his eyes. He immediatedly opened his eyes and saw a glowing figure , which was probably a hand. "Whoah! Glowing hand! Monsters. Ive made it to hell i guess!" He rose in a startled voice. "All right now, danny boy , look there-"
Joe helped tick stand up and then showed him the town. Tick was happy to see he was alive, and that he had made it to the town in time. "30 minutes is all what we have. Lets go quick and find the man" tick looked at his watch and followed joe who had already made his way to the town. "So, have you had any children?" Tick asked "im not married , friend" joe replied, quite drily. Tick felt that he should have rather kept his mouth shut. "I never even turned up to the world much often. I mix with the creatures here, yes i do. But its a rare thing , you know" joe continued.
"And to find a woman when you're not even known to the world , is a true anomaly." He said quite sharply. Tick didn't reply, neither did Joe expect him to. Tick followed Joe when they finally hurried their way through the lively streets, full of vendors and customers, There also roamed about some lost merchants and drunk men looking for there correct places , though having none. Tick felt pretty confident till he looked at his watch and sped up his way. "Fast! We have 15 minutes! Tell me, where do we find the man?" He asked Joe
"How can i know? Though i witness visions, they're not always accurate" he replied, then adding on "look for any oddity around" tick's heart thumped loudly , they were dead short of time. One man infected and the whole world then was , dead . both the man and kid searched around the streets looking for the victim but the strong crowd of poeple made it hard to even look for a cow around.