#1 BREAKOUT

He packed his bag, wondering what waited for him in school that day. He wasn't sure if he had completed all the work he had been given, but was sure that maybe today, his teachers wouldn't go mad at him. He was happy that day as compared to any of the other days but there was still something that always would worry him, and something he couldn't ever possibly get rid of. But still, he went out and polished his shoes until they were shining like raul's bald head. He tied the laces and took his bag. Ready for action! Well, not actually action.
Lets say misfortune. Tick would usually walk to school alone. He was 10.
Old enough to walk a few miles all by himself. His mother was not so bothered about him after she had become a famous politician. His father was his everything. He had been fired from his job because of some petty reason but he was the only one who actually cared about his only two children. He was mostly concerned for his little daughter to whom tick's mother gave birth 2 months before his father got fired.
Tick was not so good at studies and sports. He tried to go along with music and other things like that but unknowingly he always ended giving up and going off for a nap. A big one to be exact. Still he had a kind heart that cared for everyone though nobody ever came to know that.
That day was comparatively better for him as . Tick walked into his school with a pleasant smile. He greeted all the teachers respectfully as he walked towards his classroom not actually knowing what waited him next. It wasn't too late before tick realized the lurking trouble. It could have been no one else but raul himself. He was of the same age as tick but much more daring and strong. Raul was the only known ruthless bully in the whole school and this thing was of course known to tick too! Raul was not bad at studies but was much better than tick, which gave him a pleasant comment to tease tick with.

"here he comes" tick could hear raul say that. He could see raul and his mates approach him. " are the teachers enough to scold you like hell or should i give ya a headstart?" raul looked over towards tick and burst into a laugh as his two mates followed him.
Today it was tick's 'good day'.
He could not let a big bully spoil it.
He had to stand for himself. If not everyday but for atleast that day he had to.
"out of my way!" he shouted. That shout was enough to give raul and his mates a sudden jerk. They looked at the little boy in surprise. They had never imagined a boy like tick to speak against them. With all his courage he continued "i have completed all my work, nobody is going to scold me for anything today. So then if u excuse me, i have to go" tick could feel he was speaking a bit formally but maybe words like that would be enough to deal with a bully.
There was complete silence for a minute or two. Till then, raul looked in surprise with his mouth dropped open. Then suddenly, he shot a look at tick. Not a good one, to say. Tick was clear about the fact that he was a goner now after that he had made raul Angry.
"i didn't actually mean to....."
Before tick could complete his sentence, raul picked him up by his collar and whispered in soft but sharp words "i know what u meant. Dont worry"
These words definitely didnt give relief to tick as he knew about the way raul used to talk in and what he used to do after he talked in this kind of way. Without a doubt, it was certain for this to happen, not later but now itself. Raul began to throttle tick while he held the boy high by his collar. It didn't take the bully long enough to throw tick with all his might till he rolled and fell to the ground. That was nothing surprising for the passers-by because it was a kind of an exercise for raul which he practiced using tick as his punching bag. It was a daily routine hence, nobody thought it as much of a concern. Tick stumbled but managed to stand up, he looked up at raul as he and his friends laughed. Tick could cry if he wanted but now he had become strong with his emotions still he held his tears for as long as he could and quickly darted out of raul's way. He thought that he had was safe now until he realised that raul had grabbed his bag so that he could not escape even if he wanted. "not so fast bud" raul pulled tick's bag with all his strength, dragging along the kid himself and then he let the bag go off his grip , swinging the child mercilessly off to the ground. Tick was seriously injured now. That was sure. But he still tried to stand up no matter what was ought to happen.
The boy stumpled, limped, but tried not to fall.unfortunately, Even after he tried to balance, he couldn't manage the blow he had recieved and to his misfortune, tripped off the flight of stairs