#3 Gone

"shes right.. And is always right"
Robert said
"oh thank you!" she replied drily.
"now dont think youre perfect cause you have ways to go too" robert looked at mary with a bit of curtness
"of course i know! When did i brag about myself!!?"
And then both of them began to fight on that petty topic until finally they came to know tick had gone. Within seconds after solving their senseless fight they began finding their friend. After a couple of turns and runs they found tick walking his way ahead. "tick!!" mary exclaimed in glee as both she and robert ran towards their friend who had finally come in track. But as soon as tick saw them, he wryed his way and ran as fast as he could, possibly looking for a way to escape

And soon he was out of sight and nowhere to be found.
Tick didnt want to see anyone. He wanted to spend some time alone.
He knew everyone teased him on a deliberate purpose and so he wanted to put and end to his life. There were still 20 minutes for the dispersal but those 20 minutes were a bit too long to wait for. Tick was determined this time. He had to do that, there was no other way out of all what people used to say about him. He peered out of the window and looked at the busy  roads way up ahead and saw the sidewalks full with people who appeared  to be as small as ants but then suddenly he caught sight of a lake  thereabout the streets adjacent the school building. That was the perfect spot tick had been looking for. Without any delay, tick rushed down the stairs and then to the main gate until he was finally out of the campus and then he began to walk his way up to the streets. But suddenly he stopped and looked behind. He turned and looked at his school building. Nice and old just like it was a few years ago when he had joined it. He looked at it as he thought that it was the last time he could see the place where he had spent the most of his life other that home. Suddenly the pictures of mary and robert flashed into his mind. He could never thank them enough for the way they had always been treating tick. Tears from his eyes, dripped on his checked, multi-colored shirt. He had to go, he had decided. He had killed all his feelings and emotions thinking, that it was for his good and then turned away and continued walking.

"i dont see him!!" yelled ms. Angelina when suddenly mary and robert came in. She saw two figures expanding and contracting until she put on her specs and now she saw the two panting children waiting outside. She allowed them in and the kids tiredly walked up to her table. "hes nowhere to be found" robert told her. "we have searched everywhere for him" mary added on.

Ms. Angelina's mien were as rough as they always used to be. She stood up and walked over to the two kids. "i hope he's still thereabout..." she raised her head up as if there was something up on the ceiling. Then she retreated back to her chair abstaining anger. Mary and robert looked at each other looking flummoxed. They hadn't been given any command so they went back to their respective seats.

Meanwhile, back in the streets tick ran as fast as his legs could carry him. He wanted to be out of anybody"s sight so that he could not be chased and that is what happened. After a few moments tick could feel he was safe and up ahead a few steps was the lake he had spotted from the school building. He took a few steps ahead and then took a deep breath. Then, he turned around and lifted his arms up a bit. But then suddenly thoughts raced into his mind. The way people used to call him not worth a brass farthing and how they used to make fun of him. He was over with all this. This time he could not hold back and then for the last time a picture of his father appeared in his mind and then the picture of her little sister and his mother holding her sister in her hands. He smiled for a moment and then said his last words "goodbye...." and then before losing off his balance consciously he continued "...world" and fell off from the platform... He felt weightless and numb. His business with this ruthless world was over. water splashed up high as his body went down in the lake. The lake was not so deep for a 10 year old to drown and tick was aware of that but still he convinced himself to forget everything and to put an end to his life whichever way he could. Still in his senses, he tried struggling out of the lake but something held him tight underneath the surface. Not a predator of course. No offense but who would even like to feed on just a small bony meal. Okay, maybe not meal... Lets say, a snack. A lightweight snack. The thing which held him down was not a predator but his sorrows and pains. They didnt let him struggle out of the watee because he had already been through enough of insults. He was done with all the false perceptions against him. Tick quivered and wiggled for a while and then suddenly the suffocation literally took his breath away and the blurred blue water  in front of his eyes began to flicker as his eyes could no longer hold on. In a few moments , tick was blank.... His eyes were forced to shut down and everything was nothing but pure black now... It had happened....
The little kid drowned in the small, shallow lake and that too... Willingly... Why?? Because his life was more than hell to him. Only a couple of friends cared about him... Rest of them hated him. Not because he was not amiable to them but because he was thought to be a helpless loser in not only one but every way....

Up For The Futureजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें