#2 Helpless...

Raul was getting furious. He wasnt happy with just getting rid of a mere kid. He wanted more. He looked over towards everyone around him who had been instantly put on guard. Half of them quivered with fear while the rest planned ways to escape. After a few minutes of inspection, raul moved. And then began to walk as slow he could. He moved quietly towards the crowd as everyone watched in horror. Then suddenly he eyed a kid shivering from among the crowd and within seconds before he could even do anything.
A voice from behind called out
"playtime is over kids. Time for work"
It was ms.angelina. She used to teach well but in a student's opinion, she always had the image of a wicked lady. The reason could be nothing else but the way she used to punish the ones who even dared to drink water from their bottles without her permission. Just a small mistake and they had to suffer throughout her period , holding their ears and doing continuous sit-ups. Another reason could be her appearance. Not only her behaviour, but even her personality and look was wicked. She had a long pointed nose and tilted tiny eyes just like a crow's. Her hair were ussually untidy and always looked as she hadn't washed them since ages. The kids now could have no better reason to believe that their teacher was a witch even if she wasn't.
"raul, what is this?? You dont want me to talk to your parents again, do you??"
She looked at raul as he tried to make an innocent face. Then she turned her eyes over to the crowd and shouted as loud as she could "run back to your classes before you see me take a stick to you one by one". Immediately, the crowd began to disperse. And so did raul who still had his anger to go all out for once. Meanwhile, down to the flight of stairs sat tick. Unnoticed like everyday. His back was dropped beside him and his sleeves were rolled up so that he could see how badly he had been hurt on his arm. It was nothing but a wound but definitely the boy could tell how much it hurt. After a few minutes, tick finally decided to go back to his class. But the moment he tried to stand, his body felt as if it had been thrown down a building a hundred times. The boy stumbled, limped, fell but didn't stop. Fortunately a teacher spotted him while she was on her way and hence, helped him to the doctor's room. That was surely an act of kindness. Now, tick was a bit better and could certainly get back to his class, and so he did.
His partner jamie stared at him like he was there for the last time and at finally, opened his mouth "fancy stuff's on your arm. .... Fancy...... Really fancy" he poked tick's bandages. "ouch" tick showed a bit of displeasure and pain. "sorry champ" jamie said.
"be seated" he added on.
Jamie wasn't really a famous kid
The only people who admired him did so because he belonged to a rich family.
"ok children, i hope you all are done with your homework"
The whole class said a big yes including tick for the first time.
To tick, this was the best moment.
Now he thought that he had become a good child and maybe from that day he would no longer be teased and scolded.
One by one the children began keeping their notebooks on the teacher's desk.
Jamie went too, followed by tick.
Tick was nervous and excited too
At last, he was going to be praised, especially by ms. Angelina.
As soon as jamie kept his notebook and went away, tick dashed in.
"alright" ms. Angelina showed a bit of expression. "i have done all my work with neat and tidy handwriting"
Ms. Angelina looked at tick for a second and took his notebook. She flipped a couple of pages and looked back at tick. She didnt look so happy. "WHAT IS THIS???" She shouted. Tick didnt expect that. He expected her to praise him so he asked her his mistake.
"everything is wrong. Every single thing"
She replied to tick and continued "look here, duck, d not capital.... And here look how you have written 'exclamation' . The 'x' looks like a cross!" and in front of the boy, she tore his notebook down in halves. Everyone looked in horror. Tick looked startled as well. Not a little but more than a lot. He held his tears back and to his teacher's order, went back to his seat. When he thought he could no longer control. He put his head down and started weeping. Nobody was there to comfort him until, "tick! Come on buddy, its all right!" a voiced called him out. But tick still had his head down. But then another of the voices joined in. "is tick crying? My.... Curse ms. Angelina!!"
Then all of a sudden tick stood up yelled "what wrong did i do!!?? ATLEAST MY WORK WAS COMPLETE!! WHY DID SHE DO THAT"
He looked at both his friends Robert and Mary who had come for him. They were the only ones in the whole school who cared about tick.
Robert was a good student. But was the best at hacking and technology. He was short but handsome though mary who was the best of girls , wasn't into him yet. Mary was a known tennis player in the school And boys as well as girls followed her where so ever she went unlike the one big fact that she always was concerned just for tick.
"calm down tick! Lets just sit and talk" mary said

....