#13 Never Pull The Trigger

Tick's mother stepped out of the car and looked around. It was 8 at night and still , there were no signs of tick. The president died. A bad news it was. And tick's disappearance was nothing less. Tick's father locked the car and hurried out to the police station. They went inside and looked around. There was no one to be seen when suddenly a officer came from behind. "Yes sir?" He asked.
"What is up? The station never was so deserted!" Tick's father asked the officer. "You dont know? Nothing about people turning into green creatures? We men have been having a hard time killing them off..." The officer took his seat and pulled the drawer, taking out a piece of bandage.
"Im afraid i dont. The worse thing is that my son has dissappeared. Probably hereabout in this town. Tick harold?" Tick's father took a seat and asked the officer eagerly. The officer rolled the bandage around his wounded wrist and replied "argh... Those damn animals, my wrist hurts like hell." Then he rose and took out a book from the shelf and flipped a few pages. He then looked hard at tick's father and mother and then slammed the notebook down on the desk. "Mr. Harold. Is tick harold your son? And if he is then he has got you into big trouble because he has a bounty of $30,000 on his head."
Tick's father jumped off his chair and cried in terror. "What? What did he do?" He asked the officer. "Your son was involved in the murder of Mr. Dave. Worse- he escaped." The officer replied in quite disappointment. Tick's mother at this moment, couldn't bear it and fainted down right there. Tick's father got hold of her and immediately he and the officer carried her out and drove her to the nearest clinic. They quickly picked her off the car and hurried into the clinic. The anomaly was that the officer was showing signs of discomfort with his wrist. Tick's father ignored that for now and quickly had tick's mother consult a doctor. He was extremely worried about the situation. His wife was down, his son had disappeared and god knew how he could pay off the bounties. He seated himself out on the footpath and put his head down. "I understand mister." The officer walked out of the clinic and sat beside tick's father. "Your wife will be fine. Anyways, beware of the green creatures , they might be anywhere around." He put his hand on the wound, clearly showing that it really hurt. Tick's father felt something weird. He noticed the blood on the bandage. It was not red, and to his surprise, it was green. He was about to ask the officer about it when suddenly the officer rose and started shouting in pain as tick's father looked at him in a startled way.

Meanwhile, tick and joe struggled through the streets for survival , mowing down the undead one after another. Tick didn't actually do so, he just repelled them by his dustbin lid for he did not know the art of tearing apart through an enemy using his rod. Joe was the actual gunslinger here. One man, one gun, hundreds of undead growing rapidly in number. He gracefully shot down the zombies nicely and easily and cleared his way to the bridge as tick followed him. "Tick, they're endless, it has happened now, we need to destruct the bridge so that these creatures cant get to your city. Quick!" Joe shot down another zombie leaping at him as they hurried their way to the bridge.

"Arghhhhh" the officer's face began to distort. Tick's father neared him to offer help but the officer hit him away. He began shouting loudly as his body turned green. He stopped abruptly, turned and leapt wildly at tick's father and bit his hand strongly. The undead officer then looked up and let out a shout too loud while tick's father hurried his way in the clinic in pain. The shout was so loud that joe and tick could hear it even from a distance regardless of what it was about they sped faster to the bridge. Tick's mother now felt better. She stood up and paid the doctor when suddenly tick's father rushed inside; his hand bleeding unstoppably. "Get out of here as fast... As. ... You can..." He then fell to the ground. The doctor and tick's mother looked at each other and went out of the clinic to see what was happening. Nobody was there. Not a soul.
Tick's mother walked a bit further and caught sight of two peole running down the road. As it became clear, she could easily guess that tick was one of them. "Tick!" She ran forward as the doctor too, walked away. "What? Mother?" Tick exclaimed. He stopped right there and asked his mother. "What happened?" When suddenly his father came out of the clinic. The bad thing was that he had turned undead. Her mother quickly hid behind tick as his father stumbled towards the three. Tick stood there stunned. Not his father atleast; he wished. Joe pulled out his pistol, reloaded it and targeted tick's undead father. "What are you doing mister?" Tick's mother cried. Joe looked down at tick and saw him gesture him to not to shoot. Yet joe held his pistol right at tick's father's face. "Hang in there." Tick said. He looked quite focused and this time , of course he had a plan. He quickly slid beside his mother and rolled to the clinic entrance. He picked up a rope from the reception and tied it to a lasso. He quickly jumped out of the clinic and flung it at his father completely disabling him to even move. He was ready to do this. Right at the start of the apocalypse he had prepared himself to do what ever he could do to save his dear ones. He knew that he would not be able to save all of them but all he could do was to try. He turned towards joe and said said "you dont always need to pull the trigger ." and smiled.