The dead walks at midnight

We went deep into the woods after abandoning our only source of transportation which was Stine's car. *sarcastic tone* yay.... More walking... 

 Hannah was leading us all towards the cemetery with Zach right beside her. Then, it was  Me, Champ, and Stine. As we walked threw the cold night... a chill ran up my spine, it wasn't a pleasant feeling, more like a sicking one.

All of us were calm except for Champ. His eyes kept wandering all over the graveyard as he was frightened by anything that moved or even made the slightest sound. Poor guy.. "Oh, god." He whispers. "What was that?"

"It's just a bird," I assured him trying to keep him calm. We kept walking until Champ tripped over a rock and fell to the dirt ground. Stine then quickly pulled him back on his feet as I asked, "You alright, Champ?"

Champ nervously brushes the dirt off his pants. "Yeah, yeah, I'm good. This place is freaking me out thought!"

"Okay, just stay close to us and we'll help in case something happens." Stine told him.

"Alright, thanks you guys." Champ then followed us by walking right behind both of  us.

Seeing Stine help Champ made remember of how I was being a dick to him from the very beginning. I though he was a child abuser with Hannah, and I assumed he did something bad to her when the police showed up... and I even threatened him. And YET he still shows kindness to one of the kids who broke in his house! This made me feel guilty.

"Thanks.. For reassuring him and helping him, that was nice of you" I told him.

"No problem." He said to me with a blank look on his face.   I could tell that he was giving me the cold shoulder because he wasn't even looking at me. Ouch...

"And I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you." I told him. 

  This got his attention.

"For what?" he asked me.

"For everything.. I'm sorry for being so rude to you, I'm sorry for threatening you, and I'm sorry for breaking into your house and accusing you of abusing Hannah. It's just that when you lied to the police I thought you did something terrible to Hannah. I just wanted to make sure she was safe..." I told him making sure only he herd me. Zach and Hanna where to distracted with each other to here me.. and champ was too busy looking and listening for monsters that could be creeping in the shadows.

Stine saw that I was being VERY sincere because I had guilt written all over my face.

"I accept you apology." He told me.

"What.... you do? After all that had happened?" I asked him being VERY confused.

"We'll I did make things very sketchy. I mean I did lie to the police about her... And besides you were wanting to make sure Hannah was safe... even if it was from me.  And accepting your apology is the least I could do after all I put you threw."  Stine said to me.

"Thanks, that means a lot.." I told him.

As we kept walking I noticed that Zach and Hannah went so far up ahead of us, I couldn't see ether of them anymore... I was getting worried.

"Hey, I'm going to walk a little further to make sure Zach and Hannah are ok, you wouldn't mind staying close to champ for a minute or two?" I asked Stine.

"Sure thing." Stine told me.

I told him thanks and jogged down the long dirt road until I her Hanna Scream!