It came from the book. 📖

Third person P.O.V

Jessica's heart pounded, and she paced anxiously in her room, brainstorming ways to help Hannah. Suddenly, she froze, realizing how badly Hannah must be hurt if she couldn't call for help.

The thought of calling an ambulance struck her. Panicking, she rushed to her bed, searching desperately for her phone. When she found it, she began dialing the hospital but stopped, realizing they might not take her seriously without proof, and even if they did, it might not help Hannah in time with her dad there.

Jessica stood in silence, realizing the urgency of the situation. She wondered if she should take matters into her own hands. Just then, her phone, still in her hand, started ringing, interrupting her train of thought.

She checked her phone and saw a call from an "Unknown number." Jessica was unsure at first but decided to pick it up to see who it was.

"Hello?" She asked, ready to hang up if it was a prank caller. "Hey, It's Zach." Zach said, sounding a little worried.

"Oh, Hey Zach." Jessica asked, trying to keep her composed after the small panic attack from earlier. "What's up? You ok?"

"Oh, I'm fine. But I don't think Hannah is. Please tell me you believe me." Zach asked hopefully.

"Oh, I 100% agree with you. I didn't believe her dad for a second, sorry I didn't say anything. I wanted to come up with a plan first." Jessica admitted. "Especially with those cops around."

"OH Thank god!." Zach said with a sigh of relief. "So, you want to come with me to check up on Hannah?"

"Yeah! I want to make sure she's ok." Jessica said eagerly but then expressed concern. "But what about her dad? He'll just stop us... again"

"Don't worry, I'll take of it." Zach said reassuringly. "Just meet met by Hannah's fence in a few minutes."

"Oh... Okay." Jessica said a little confused. "See you then."

After their talk, Jessica silenced her phone and put it in her pocket to keep it from making noise. Then She worried that Hannah's dad might catch her, so she put on a big black hoodie that would help her escape more easily.

As Jessica was about to leave, she stopped and wondered what would happen if Mr. Shivers did catch her, Would he leave her unrecognizable? She started to get scared but didn't want to back down. She needed to get to Hannah. 

She went and got her necklace, the one thing that had both her first and last name engraved on the back, and clipped it on before finally running out the door.

As she was sneaking over to Hannah's house, she saw both Zach and Champ crouching on the ground and hiding behind some bushes.

When Zach saw Jessica, he quickly signaled her to get down and come over with whispers and hand gestures. Jessica quickly ran over before crouching down with them.

"Why do you need me here again?" Champ asked as Zach kept his eye on Hannah's house."I didn't want us to be alone, we need to know if Hannah's okay." Zach explained. "That's it." 

"So how are we getting in?" Jessica quietly asked Zach. " Hannah's dad will just stop us again."

"Don't worry." Zach explained. "I called there a few minutes ago and told him that I was the police and we needed him to come down to the station."  "You can get in trouble for that." Champ whispered to Zach. But Zach explained that it's just a written warning.

At that very moment, Hannah's front door suddenly opened, and Mr. Shivers exited the house.

"There he is..." Jessica whispered as she pointed at him, as they stayed hidden behind the bushes.