Chapter Twelve

Levi's POV

~Before The Incident~

I knew from the start that something wasn't right... it all started this morning when I bumped into hanji and (y/n). I knew someone was watching us from that moment on.

~flashback~

"Levi... something wrong?" (Y/n) asked a hint of worried can be heard from her voice. She looked at the empty hallway and looked back at me confused.

"No.. it's nothing... have fun you two" I forced a smile and gave her a peck in the cheeks. I made my way down the hallway and stopped midway once (y/n) and hanji were gone.

"What are you doing here cadet..." I asked and turn around to see a small girl with black hair that goes up to her shoulders and slightly tanned skin.

"I-um... wanted to say thank you to Mrs. Ackerman for saving me.." she said shyly.

"For saving you?" I asked.

"Y-yes... she saved me from the bullies in the field a week ago.." she said looking down.

'No wonders why she was late on the ceremony..' I thought.

"Well she's going to town... will it be ok for you to wait till she comes back?" I asked. She only nodded not looking at me.

"I want a response cadet..." I said impatiently.

"Y-yes sir..." she saluted.

"Good.. you can go to training now.." I said to her. She bowed and walked to the field.

I eyed her down... I noticed something glinting tucked tight in one of her boots. I was going to call out to her when Mike called me from down the hallway.

"Levi! Erwin wants to see you!" Mike said gesturing me to follow him. I looked at the girl one last time and walked my way to Mike.

~End Of Flashback~

I knew there was something wrong about that girl. I can tell from the moment she speaks and the way she averts eye contact. It didn't bother that much at first but the sense I was feeling about her just wasn't right.

I knew she was planning something and if it's about hurting my wife I will make her regret she ever live. After the meeting with Erwin I made my way to my office and sat down.

I looked at the window to see if that girl was in the field... but she was nowhere to be found. I stood up quickly and looked at the window again to have a better view.

I looked around frantically... I was still unable to find her. Then something caught my attention. A group of cadets was entering the carriage and someone caught my attention.... it was the girl.

'I remember Erwin saying about sending some cadets to the city for supplies..' I thought. Even though I knew she was one of the cadets to send in the city I still couldn't shake the awful feeling about her... adding to that (y/n) and hanji are also in the city doing there business. I shook my head.

'I shouldn't be thinking like that... but if she does do something... I will be the first one to take action..' I thought and went back to doing my paperwork.

~2 hours later~

I heard the faint knock of someone at my door.

"State you're name and business.." I said.

"It's your wife!" (Y/n) said joyfully. I could have sworn she said something after but I couldn't hear it.

"Come in!" I said. I sigh relieved that nothing bad happened to her. She opened the door and smiled at me sweetly. I stood up from my chair and wrapped my arms around her waist for a tight hug.

"How did it go shopping with hanji?" I asked tiredly.

"It went well." She said ruffling my hair.

" I'm so tired..." i said and hugged her closer.

"Then let's go to sleep early" she said laughing.

"Hmm... I can't... I have to finish all of this paperwork.." i said sighing.

"Then I'll go ahead and wait for you in our room... I have a surprise for you.." She said grinning. 

"Huh? Really? What is it?" I said letting go of the hug and looked at her smiling.

"Baka! I can't tell you it's a surprise remember?" She said hitting me in the head playfully. I overreacted and looked at her as if ready to cry any moment now.

"Ow! That really hurt..." I said fake crying.

"Oh shut up you big baby... I'm going now bye!!" She said giving me a quick peck on the lips. I looked at her sadly. She copied my expression and laughed.

"Do well on the paperwork!" She said smiling.

"Yeah yeah..." i said returning to my desk smiling. She smiled one last time before closing the door. I sigh. 'I guess there really was nothing to worry about..' I thought and went back to doing my paper work.

~35 mins later~

I stretched my aching body and pushed my office chair in. I grabbed my coat form the chair and and the small pile of paper work. I exited my office and locked it... I then made my way to Erwin's office to drop it off. I knocked on his door and waited for a reply.

"Hey Erwin it's me Levi.." i said.

"Come in." Erwin replied. I open the door and dropped the small paper work in his desk.

"I'll be going now..." I said. He only nodded and went back to doing his paperwork. I closed he door and headed my way to (y/n)'s room. As I made my way I heard voices.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO YELL!" A familiar voice said. I then saw the door opening revealing (y/n) in a frantic state. The girl grabbed her arm pulled her towards her.

"I-I'm sorry I have to kill the baby.." she said. I stood there dumbfounded.

'Did she say she had to kill the baby?... (y/n) is pregnant with my child?!' I thought shocked by the news. She raised her hand. The knife was pointed at (Y/n)'a stomach. Everything was like in slow motion.

I run towards them.. (Y/n) frantically yelling name I grabbed the girls hand before it can make contact with (y/n).

"Just.What.In.The.Fucking.World.Do. You.Think.You're.Doing." I said anger in my voice.

"I-I......" The girl stuttered but she groaned in pain. Down the hallway I heard the sound of people running towards us.

"Levi... I'll take care of her..." mike said and grabbed The girl from my grasp. Her head was down in shame as she cried. Mike ordered some cadets to help him with Julia and they walked away down the hallway.

(Y/n) fell down on her knees as tears fell down her cheeks. I walked towards her and hugged her tightly. She cried on my shoulders.

"Shh.. everything will be alright now (y/n).." I whispered in her ears caressing her back. She only nodded.

"You should put her in the bed... I'll call the doctor.." hanji said. I nodded and carried her bridal style to our bedroom.

"I'll go and follow Mike..." Erwin said anger boiling inside him. I only nodded again and i laid her down the bed.