Chapter 9 (part 2)

Start from the beginning

SHIKI: Well, this sucks.

MAGE: You guys think Adrien cheated?

URIE: No, he's just lucky. I didn't pick up on anyone using any magic.

NATHANIEL: Marinette.

ALYA: Don't worry, she's safe right now. They can't try anything with a crowd like this, especially since it'll reflect poorly on the Council.

(The music begins to play.)

Adrien takes Marinette's hand and takes her to the dance floor.

MARINETTE: Adrien, please! I don't know how!

ADRIEN: Just follow my lead.

MARINETTE: (gulps and blushes) OK

As Marinette and Adrien danced to the music, other couples joined in, including Nino and Alya. As for Chloe, Lila, Nathaniel Urie, Mage, and Shiki, they showed angry or annoyed faces as they watched Marinette and Adrien dance.

MARINETTE: Adrien, I wanted to thank you.

ADRIEN: For what?

MARINETTE: You helped Nathaniel.

ADRIEN: I was just protecting myself.

MARINETTE: Say what you want, but I know you're not as selfish as you want people to believe. I know you're protecting me. I just don't understand why.

Adrien & Marinette's song (in their heads)

(Another few minutes later)

After the music ends, fireworks start, and everyone begins to exit to watch them. Marinette and Adrien are left staring at one another, but slightly turn away from making eye contact.

MARINETTE: Um...Adrien, I...

Before Marinette could say anything else, Adrien walks off, leaving Marinette sad. After Alya says her goodbyes to Nino, she, Nathaniel, and Marinette go to the changing rooms to change back into their regular clothes. After they were done, they made their way back to Alya's house, but Nathaniel notices Marinette looking sad.

MARINETTE (in her thoughts): That song is still running through my head. (Looks at her queen crown) I just wish I could know if what I'm feeling is real.

Just then, they hear footsteps, and see more Devils around them, including the masked leader.

JEK: We came for Ms. Dupain-Cheng. Hand her over, and you both will live to see tomorrow.

ALYA: Over our dead bodies we will. ALYA: MASTER OF ILLUSIONS

(Transformation sequence)

NATHANIEL: Alya, keep them away from Marinette!

Nathaniel used his tablet and pen to draw flying knives and daggers and brought them to life. Alya used her illusions to create multiple Marinettes to confuse the Devils. Before she knew it, Marinette was snatched by the masked leader.

ALYA: Let go of her!!

JEK: Come any closer, and she dies.

Marinette pulls out a small pocket knife she carried with her, and jabbed it into the masked leader's leg, ultimately freeing herself.

MARINETTE: I won't anyone hurt me or the people I care for! MARINETTE: MASTER OF GOOD LUCK

(Transformation sequence)

Marinette pulls out her yo-yo, and uses it to defend herself and fight off the Devils. One of the Devils attacks from behind her, and leaves her with 3 scratches on her left leg.

NATHANIEL: Marinette!! (His eyes glow yellow and he grows his claws again)

As Alya continued to protect Marinette, Jek appears from behind her, and scratches her on the back, leaving her injured. This leaves Marinette crying out in anguish over seeing her friends injured. While crying out in anguish, Marinette unleashes the power of the grimoire, destroying the surrounding Devils with a flash of light as she protects Alya.

Unleashing this power attracts Urie, Mage, Shiki, and Nino as Adrien feels the energy from afar. Jek escaped in time and watched from afar.

JEK: (Laughs evilly) At long last, we found the forbidden grimoire. We'll return and when we do, the grimoire will be ours for the taking. (Leaves)

Marinette's dress:

Alya's dress

Chloe's dress

Chloe's dress

Lila's dress