Chapter 18: Comrade or Criminal

DISCLAIMER: Never will own Naruto because I'm such a loser that can't do anything right, lol.

I AM DEEPLY, DEEPLY SORRY THAT I MADE YOU WAIT TWO MONTHS! IT'S JUST THAT I HAD A DRY SPELL WITH MY CREATIVENESS AND I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO PUT THE IDEAS INTO WORDS!

PLEASE FORGIVE ME AND ENJOY THIS CHAPTER!

SORRY IN ADVANCE IF IT SUCKS! 

:(

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter 18: Comrade or Criminal

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tsuki's POV

As dust fills my lungs, I cough violently trying to breathe in the fresh air. My world right now is dark as I'm underneath piles of ruble. Pushing against a wooden pillar that lies on my legs, I slide my legs away and drop the piece of wood. I look around and see large pieces of cement ruble surrounding me. Pushing at one of them, it doesn't budge. Sighing, I concentrate chakra into my hand and step back.

"TAKE THAT," I exclaim, punching the wall of ruble.

Releasing the chakra within the impact, the wall first cracks then explodes. As it breaks, I run into the fresh air not wanting to get crushed as it collapses onto the ground. Looking around the village, I gasp. It's not a village anymore, it's all been destroyed to pieces of ruble. 

I was a part of this.

I helped make this happen.

Looking around me, all I see is destruction. Stores, houses, everything's destroyed, there's nothing left.

Absolutely nothing.

Dread fills at my core as I stare wide eyed at the place I once called home. My lips tremble as tears prick my eyes, making my vision blurry. I try to keep it in, but once the tears slide down my cheeks, I choke out my sobs.

Is this who I really became? A person who destroys villages? Who destroys the homes of many families? A person who attacks my own family?

Where did I go wrong?

Looking down at myself, I feel hate corrupt me as I look upon the black and red clouded cloak I'm wearing. Ripping it off, I hold it in my hands.

This! This is where I went wrong.

I let them into my life, agreeing to their standards. I let myself believe that I was one of them. That I was a criminal.

But I am.

I'm in the Bingo books, under the alias of 'The Dark Maiden'. I've killed people. I've killed tens and hundreds of innocents. I used Cerridwen's power for bad, for evil. So yes, I'm as bad as any other member of the Akatsuki. I'm in too deep.

But I can still turn back!

Could I? Will people accept me as their comrade if I return? Of course they will....right? I mean, I saved Asuma from dying. Naruto still fights for me to return. Sakura tries to convince me to return, but all we do is fight.

I've hurt her too much already!

It's true. I'm the older one out of the two, I'm suppose to protect her, not hurt her. Yes, I know she's hurt me, but that's what younger siblings do. They hurt us while we're suppose to keep loving them, no matter what.

I let my emotions get in the way.

Crying, I throw the patterned cloak to the ground with disgust.