Chapter 13: Returned Memories

DISCLAIMER: Still don't own Naruto! Which makes me depressed. But I still own Tsuki! YAY :D

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Chapter 13: Returned Memories

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Tsuki's POV
I was running.

Running, trying to get away from the explosion. No matter how fast I ran, it was too fast. The blast wave was on my tail in a matter of seconds.

Panting, sweating, I still kept going.

Chest heaving, legs trembling, out of breath, I was no match against the explosion.

Sooner or later I was engulfed with white light.

Then everything went black...
.
.
.
.
Drip
Drip
Drop...
.
.
.
.
Drip
Drip
Drop...
.
.
.
.
Drip
Drip
Drop...
.
.
.
.
Drip
Drip
Drop...

Where am I?

What's that noise?

I asked myself questions even though I knew no one would answer.

How am I alive?

Am I dead?

The feeling of my body returned and in that moment I felt the sensation of water against my body. The cool effect gave me chills. I walked forwards, feeling the water deepen. Every step I took the water rose higher against my body. Shins to my knees. Step. Knees to my thighs. Step. Thighs to my waist. Step. Waist to my stomach. Step. Stomach to my chest. It kept going until I neck deep in the freezing waters.

I stretched my arms in front of me and swam towards to a unknown destination. I don't know what was happening, but something was drawing me in. A force.

Suddenly the water becomes harsher, uncontrolled. The raging waves push me against the wall as it knocks out all the air in my lungs. The velocity of the waves pull me under with such force as the water overlaps my head. I struggle to pull myself out from the water, trying to reach the surface. I thrash against the frozen waters trying to gain control in its frenzy state. I use my arms as paddles, swimming towards what I think is up. Just as I'm about to reach the barrier of oxygen something stops me. They clutch my legs in a vice grip. I try to kick them off, but more attach themselves to me as they pull me under. That's when I realize that its not some random object. They're hands.

Just when I thought I was safe!

The hands grip me tighter as I try to pry them off. My head swims with dizziness as my eyelid droops with drowsiness. They pull me further until I feel the floor beneath me. The pressure is unbearable, it makes my head throb. My lungs burn with the lack of oxygen. My heart beats rapidly making my chest heave up and down. My body begins to slack, but just as I'm about pass out, the water level drops. As the water diminishes I could feel the cold air slap me across the face.

I fall on my knees as they buckle with weakness and breathe in gallons and gallons of fresh oxygen, soothing my burning lungs. I look up, panting, and notice a black pearlescent gate towering in front of me. Flowers of all kind, almost dead, surround the gates as vines are wrapped around the bars giving it an eery feeling. Behind the black gates is a woman with long black hair which falls down in curls. She wears a white dress which is tattered at the bottom as it sinks in the low waters. Her skin pale, but not sickly. I walk closer to her gate, but with caution. Slowly and tentatively, I reach the gate, once I'm there I grasp the bars in my hand.