32. Rachel's Game

Ok. So here's the real deal. I just want to go back to the roots of the story. This Novel "Backstage" was a dream I had late 2015. And how did it progress and which particulate scene I saw; these are the main questions you might get. Here are the answers. I dreamt an action scene that night and when I woke up the next morning my mind went all the roller coaster rides and landed it been the BACKSTAGE you are reading today. So what is this extremely special scene and when can you read it? Simple. You are about to read it today. :)

Right. Thank you again for waiting patiently for my slow updates, but in return you get the best I have in me. I could write more often, but then I feel lazy and write awful stuff that I regret later.

Yeah... yeah... I'm gonna stop talking now! Enjoy reading...

Sawyer x

(Rachel's POV)

Nothing changed in the whole past week. After the nightmare I channelled back to my current self in haste. I calmed myself by reminiscing the time I got to spend with Niall. That was beyond anything I had ever experienced in my life. Whenever I hear the jingle of the little charm on my bracelet, my wounds and the fear of uncertainty soothes away. Although he said, he has lost his touch of romance this tiny gift proved it wrong. Yes... he constantly calls or text me, but no... since our last encounter we couldn't see each other due to the heavy workload both of us had to go through.

Two concerts in a row and then the boys had a few fan meetings plus TV interviews. I myself got busy arranging their suits for every occasion with Nina (No. I had to leave minutes before the boys' arrival) and to top that all I got an additional job straightaway from Knights HQ in London. It seemed mom had burst all my troubles to dad. As a result he had sent an assignment for me to work so that I have no spare time to stay put and think about what was unnecessary. Dad acted like he wasn't aware, but I know him. Well... from earlier days this was what he did when he finds out my panic attacks. He kept me occupy with something. This time he assigned me to re-design the interior of his country club in Australia. I had been visiting there a few times just to understand the current designs, and now I was back with my new proposals to discuss with the board.

Because it was not a concert night I got a chance to get out from the premises for a little while. My friends were already at the club enjoying the freedom. Every country club we own equipped with a private villa for our family. That was dad's style of living. So I let my crazy three friends hang out there while I work. Edward was back from London to help me manage the whole work load. He drove the black Range Rover for my transportation needs. It felt good to be back in my old self and to see Edward. Uncle Paul knew this little arrangement. If not I couldn't have had escaped from Caroline's tight schedules. And no... Niall thought I was only having fun with my friends.

I was back at the stadium to deliver the things the carpenters wanted so badly from a DIY store. Leaving the boxes next to the clearing office (Paul's office) I quicken my steps to the dressing room to pick up my forgotten fedora. This time I moved to the family quarters at the club as it was just a half an hour drive from the stadium. I was not alone. Jazz, Aliya and Ross joined me. So the company needn't worry about extra logging cost.

Putting the hat on my head I walked away from the shaded area. The clicking noise of the boots filled the emptiness of the surrounding. My black skinny jeans got its trendy look through the red Chelsea boots I was wearing. Although it was not summer anymore the Ausi weather gave my body generate sweat as I was in a desert. So I wore my oversized red checked shirt, tucking the front to my jeans letting warm air run through my naked back like a natural air cooler.

Checking my phone to reassure that I had completed all the work, I got into the driving seat of the glossy Range Rover parked few yards away from the back gates. Slipping my Ray Bans on I hit the road. It was not usual for a minor employer to drive a vehicle of their own, except we were given permission to use a hired one from the company itself.