26. One More Day

(Rachel's POV)

Okey. So far so good. Let's recap. I woke up around five in the morning and had a quick shower, jumped into my denim romper and yellow sneakers. No pizza for breakfast, so settled myself with Cocoa Puff cereal. I had to run to the other bus to collect my staff badge and some other essentials. After a small chat with Paul and the talkative grownups, I was ready to work. Outside was freezing cold, so clinging tightly to my long red striped cardigan, I ran to the stadium garage to kick off my job. Well, I got to see the Burberry custom made flowery suite of Harry's, and Zayn's black suit. Of course, Caroline kept her eyes on me since I tried twice to touch that silky suite of Harry's. It didn't go as I expected, so I gave up making a mental note for myself, later that day to ask Harry himself to show it to me. See... I have my contacts, Caroline. (Bam, in her face!)

Three and a half hours of sweaty work among the apparels finally came to an end, until my bosses need me once again. So I sneaked out to the main stage with the idea of meeting Aliya. Hopefully, I got to get away from her soon enough, because she was babbling about what she got for her daily horoscope update and then started analyzing mine.

All and all, it was a special day for the whole group. Anita, our publicist and Uncle Sam were both having their birthday today and they have organized a joint party after the sound check today. While I was with Aliya (trying hard to get away from her) Anita walked pass me, but for my luck she came back asking me a favor. At that moment I was more than happy to help her because of two reasons. One, she was our birthday girl and second, because of annoying Aliya. (Sorry love, but sometimes you are worse than Jazz or my sister Cara.)

So here I am, standing in a nice restaurant which is few blocks away from the stadium, going through the final arrangements for the grand party.

'What flavors are you using today?'

There were few cake pieces ready for the tasting, and I ran my finger through the white frosting on the rainbow cake and licked it. Pretty awesome.

'Ms. Anita ordered only coffee flavor.'

'WHAT?' I almost spit out the frosting I had in my mouth. Who ask coffee cakes for their birthdays? Plus, Sam has a share too. And I know for a fact that most people don't like the taste of it. I know I don't!

'It seems we need few changes.' According to the given description, Anita has only ordered one flavored cake with the buffet and a little amount of decorations. She wanted the hall to be decorated with flowers which made me think whether she is really a publicist, because these people have the best ideas ever. And what about Sam? I guess in the end she has forgotten Uncle Sam is in her list of priorities. Well, I can't blame her, for she has loads of work piled up and no wonder even she forgot her own birthday until somebody just screamed one day saying that they need a treat from her.

We were standing in the hall Anita has reserved for the party. I must give the full credit for her choice of place. It is on the second floor of the restaurant which can hold more than five hundred guests. And yes, there will be a lot of guests attending as Anita is a Seattle girl so beside the entire 1D team, her family and close friends will be here too and there's Sam's family who will be flying over from Canada.

I grabbed another piece of cake from the tasting counter and walk towards one of the large glass windows which is open to the back garden of the restaurant. The manager walked with me.

'Beautiful back garden you have.' I pointed out with the cake piece in my mouth. The middle aged plum man, whose bald, smiled at me with a nod.

'Thanks, kiddo. Now, tell me what changes do you wish?' while turning a page on his note book he asked.