Chapter 19

I don't like being pregnant. It is weird. I'm always hungry and then there is the morning sickness. 9 months of this? Why? It is practically Hell. As much as I love Hell, this is probably worse, and it's not just the hormones that are making me think this. I'm still at work and everyone knows I am pregnant. My attackers have been warned that if they hit me they will automatically lose their jobs and will never find reaper work again. That's stopped the physical abuse, but they are still verbally abusing me.

I'm not allowed to do physical activities. I have to be chaperoned wherever I go. If I need the toilet- someone has to take me, if I want to go home- I have to wait for Will, if I want to go for lunch, someone has to go get me food. I don't like this. I have always been independent, why can't I stay independent? These months are going to be really difficult.

William's Point of view:

Maybe I am taking this pregnancy thing a bit too far, I'm only trying to protect her though, am I not allowed to be protective of my fiancé? I understand she's a demon, and I understand she can look after herself, but I love her and am worried. There is no reason to be worried though, is there? I am just being silly. I just don't know how to respond. I didn't expect her to get pregnant. I didn't even know it was possible for a demon and a reaper to have a child together. I used to be someone who would think a child like that is an abomination. I used to scrutinize Sutcliff for being attracted to demons. Guess I am just a major hypocrite. I fell in love with a demon and am having a child with her. I never expected any of this.

"Knox" I said. He looked up from his work. "Go get Anna please." He groaned. He has so much attitude around me. What is going on in that head of his? He stood up and walked out in a huff. Have I done something wrong?

Ronald's Point Of View:

Do this! And do that! I'm in a bad mood, okay William. The deal with Anna was to get you married. Now she's pregnant, you are bound to marry her. I am doomed. It's droning on me like a plague. I am scared, very scared. What do you expect? I am going to get my soul eaten by a demon and all you can do is make me do more stuff. The more I'm with her, the more it pains me. I can feel my time running out and I am scared. I once loved this girl. I loved her so much we did stuff. Maybe we shouldn't have done stuff. Maybe she is right- I am a pervert. Have I wasted my life.