Chapter 13

Ronald's Point of view:

Blood. Blood everywhere. The chain was slack. She wasn't connected to it. Her hand lay on the bed next to a note. Is this what she wanted the sickle for? To cut off her hand? I read the note. It was stained in blood.

"Ronald- I am going to die. Recently you have reminded me that I don't have the strength to fight for what I want. I won't ever forget you- don't ever forget me. Tell Will I love hi-"The rest of it had too much blood on to read. She can't be gone. I love her too much! She can't be gone!

The contract on my hand is still there. She isn't dead. Thank God for that. I got dressed so quickly then ran down the stairs to find her laid across the floor. She didn't have the blind fold on. Her eyes were stuck open. She had my trainee death scythe sticking out of her chest. Multiple stab wounds all over her body. I walked to her and pulled the scythe out. She didn't move. Tears came to my eyes and I pulled her close.

"Anna, please don't die." I cried. Her body was so cold, so light, and so lifeless. It looks like her cinematic record hadn't played yet. I am glad for that. It means she is still alive.

"R-Ronnie." She spluttered out. She moved slightly but groaned in pain. The cuts she had started to heal. "I'm sorry" her voice sounded sad. Have I driven her to this?

"I should be the one apologising." I admitted. She looked up at me. I kissed her forehead. "I am sorry. I got so caught up in jealousy- I didn't see the damage I was causing."

She groaned out in pain. I got a rag and started to wipe the way the blood, which made her breath hitch. This is scaring me so me.

"Don't you die on me" I said. She watched me with a look of both fear and sadness.

"I'm sorry" she repeated again. Her body was frail. Then it happened. No. I can't watch this.

Her cinematic record was based from me becoming her master onwards. I saw me kissing her, I saw Will's letters too her, I saw her get beaten up and abused –most importantly there, I saw who did it and wrote their names down- I saw her and Will, I saw their love for each other, I saw me hurting her, I saw the monster I had become. Oh what have I become? I don't even recognise myself anymore. I am so sorry Anna.

I shook her. How do I stop this? I heard somewhere that if you break the death scythe that caused the cinematic record, before the record ends, it would spare their life. So I quickly got my modified scythe and turned the trainee sickle into tiny pieces. The cinematic record went back into her body. I hope I saved her. I hope she is alright. She moved. Yes. I saved her!

"Anna. You can marry William, I won't stop you" I told her. Removing her blood stained shirt, I tried not to hurt her. It was stuck to her tender skin in places. She didn't make a fuss nor try to stop me. She just watched me carefully. That God she's alright. "I won't tell him what you did, I promise."