Stage 7: Rebirth - Chapter 18: The Hybrid

Stage 7: Rebirth – Chapter 18: The Hybrid

            After the helicopter landed in what were the remains of Area 51. Carol was lead into an underground base. The disorder continued into empty offices and rooms didn’t make her feel any more comfortable. She was too tired to be scared and too scared to be tired. Able to walk now Carol kept the baby close and moved to a large metal door.  The door felt out of place but hidden enough that it would be hard to find if she was meant to.

The door rolled moved open to a cleaner area; soldiers guarded the front and pointed their guns at the group. This side of the base was busy. Scientist behind glass windows, soldiers loading guns, and order, Trevor seemed at home in this world and people saluted him as he passed, acknowledging him.

            Trevor led the group to an elevator, which brought them into a large hanger like room. A watery tube similar to the one on the alien ship in the middle and machinery surround it. While the other tube was more organic and looked like it grew out of the alien ship this was clearly manmade.  Garut worked with some wires leading to the machine. He spotted Trevor and put down his wrench then moved to the group.

            “Carol, this is Garut, he is another alien, the good kind – like…” Trevor trailed off.

            “Like Kojak.” Carol got to the point Trevor seemed to be avoiding. She cradled her baby and looked down at the sleeping boy.

            “Garut, how’s the transmitter coming along?” John Goodman a former agent of the FBI asked as he entered the room dressed in military gear. “Trevor, you’re back.” He glances at Carol.

            Carol eyes him for a moment. She wondered exactly what Trevor had planned and if it would bring an end to those alien bastards.

            Pensive, Trevor moved to the machine and touched it. Whispering to himself Trevor closed his eyes and felt the large tube of water gyrate underneath his palm. “Is it going to work Garut?”
            “We can only hope, I need a few more days to work on it.” Garut announced, “It must be able to get every last one of them.”

            “You might not have that much time.” Goodman sighed and then looked to Trevor. “Getting the package alerted the Xaxians of our location. They’re coming, our only surprise is they don’t know what we have planned.”

            “Let’s keep it that way.” Trevor answered moving away from the tube. “Tell me, how much time do we have.”

            “About a day, we are already getting the defense systems set up.” Goodman answered.

            “What is your plan?” Carol asked.

            With a smile Trevor looked to the machine. “This is a psychic connector. We’re going to use this to fry their brains. They will all drop dead.”

            Carol eyed the machine; this would be the genocide of the Xanxians.

***

            Kojak stood outside the large metal door underneath Area 51. Harry sat on an old desk and finished a bottled water. All their tracking, all their sources, all their hacking, stealing, fighting, sweat, and blood led them here. A red light scanned the two from the walls and the metal door rolled open. There stood soldiers with guns and Trevor with his hands on his hips and a stern face.