Stage 1: The Encounter - Chapter 2: Strangers Among Us.

Stage 1 Encounter – Chapter 2: Strangers Among Us.

Trevor Burkett was stuck in a bad dream. Trapped in a small glass cage naked. Strangely, he thought he understood what was happening. He was being sold. Creatures that all looked the same to him, red squid-like heads with purple tentacles for arms and gurgled in a crowed while he was suspended above them. A yellow chain bound his arms and he hung from a hook at the top of the cage.

After what seemed like hours the glass lowered and the hook disappeared. He fell to the ground. One of the thinner creatures came and grabbed him dragging him through the crowd. Its yellow eyes glowed and watched him closely as he pulled him through some cold purple hallways. Except these hallways weren't made of iron or any type of metal one would expect a space hallway to be made of. It was a purple mossy type substance that tingled and tickled the skin. The squid threw Trevor into a glass cage in a dark room.

The door shut and Trevor's chains disappeared. Glass, with blue tiles on the floor, the room was dimly lit and kept at a comfortable temperature. He rubbed his sore wrists.

"Are you human?" A voice sounded out. In the back of the cage was another man, taller and more muscular than Trevor. His skin was darker and his hair was black and curly, with a defined chin and a sharp nose and thin lips he could be considered attractive. "Do you speak English?"

"Yes, I do, where are we, what's going on?" Trevor whispered weakly and looked at the man. He felt happy to finally have someone to talk to, even if he didn't have any answers. "I think, my friends must be somewhere on this ship, have you seen them?"

"No, you're the first person I've seen. I've been here for a few days. I don't know what's happening either. Name's Kojak or that's what my friends call me." He sat flexing his chest and staring at Trevor with his deep brown eyes.

Trevor stared at his fellow human and felt tears stream down him cheeks. This was the first time he cried in years and he didn't see it coming. "What? Why? I? I? No, no, no, no." Trevor started hyperventilating. "My friends, my family, my life – my life is gone and I…" Trevor choked and coughed as tears streamed down his face. He sobbed and felt warm strong arms embrace him.

Kettle, New Mexico, wasn't too far from the state capital and had a small-town America feel to it. It's main high school whose mascot happened to be a bull was placed just off Main Street and Arcot Road.

Lexi Campbell and Carol King stood behind the school leaning against a brick wall that separated them from the auto classroom. The skinner of the two with borderline anorexia took a deep drag of cigarette. Her narrow chin and cat-like green eyes gave her an air mystery. Her bleached blond hair was cut in a soccer mom type fashion, which she saw in a magazine Brittney Spears sported in a music video. Her name was Lexi.

Carol contrasted her thin friend due to the fact that she was big boned. She had a friendly heart shaped face with large cheeks and curly brown hair. A higher income family allowed her to purchase more expensive clothing and she consistently wore new clothes, which she got of the Internet. "That whore gave me a C- on my paper. I bet she thinks I just typed up whatever."

"Yeah well, Ms. Hartford has always been psycho." Lexi replied and looked over her shoulder. "Where is Harry? Hey, are you going to get with Trevor soon? You need to hit that dick hard."

"I am trying. I tried so hard at Langston's party but he wasn't interested. I am beginning to think he doesn't like me." Carol shrugged and shook her head in frustration.

"Shut the fuck up," Lexi shouted. "My gosh, he does. He told me. He fucking told me in science class that he wants to fuck your brains out." Lexi threw her cigarette on the grown and stomped it out when Harry appeared around the corner. She ran to him and gave him a large hug.

"Hey babe," Harry grabbed Lexi's waist and slid his hands down the back of her worn jeans. Squeezing her butt as his tongue slid down her mouth.

"Hey Harry, Trevor." Carol greeted in her long-winded way of greeting people. She placed a hand on a jutted out hip. Curls fell over her eyes and she addressed them by tucking them behind her ear.

Lexi pulled back and pushed her boyfriend. "Gross, you always do that too fast. Build to it don't just jam your tongue down my throat. Anyway, walk me to class. Where's Parker?" Lexi nodded to Trevor who stood behind Harry

"Slept in," Harry yawned. "I would have too if I didn't have a test first period." Harry put his arm around Lexi as they walked towards the back entrance. She placed her thin hand on his waist.

Carol gave a coy smile and walked next to Trevor who looked confused. Assuming it was just too early she tried to joke with him. "They have always been known for their public bragging display of their romance." Carol laughed loudly and stared at Trevor's emotionless face. "You okay?"

His face lit up and he smiled a wonderful bright joyful smile Carol had only seen it a few times. "I am amazing. So amazing in fact I think, I think we should go out on a date. Harry mentioned it and I think it would be a great idea.

Trevor clung onto Kojak's back in a tight embrace gaining warmth from the friction of their bodies. He let go and stared at his cellmate. For all he knew they were the last of humankind and that bright light wiped out the entire human race. Countless questions ran through Trevor's mind. He stood up and walked to the glass door to peer out into the mossy purple hallway.

"I don't know if we are going to live through this." Kojak whispered as he joined Trevor at the doorway. "I don't think there is any use crying about it." He added on, staring out through the glass.

Instantly Trevor felt guilty for his outburst. His eyes drifted across Kojak's body and he couldn't help but stare at his well-endowed penis. Turning abruptly Kojak laughed.

"We're both drawn towards men." Kojak laughed and approached Trevor. He leaned in and kissed the boy.

His first kiss, Trevor never imagined it would be like this. Soft at first and he felt Kojak's hand reach up into his hair. His second arm wrapped around his waist and leathery skin tightened. Kojak pulled back his eyes wide.
Yanked away, Trevor fell to the ground and stared up into the glowing yellow eyes of a squid. It tilted its head and let out a loud gurgle. Struggling, he couldn't get away as he kicked and squirmed being dragged along the ground. Kojak tried to follow but the cage door closed behind him. The tentacle tightened and Trevor pushed it and in an abrupt turn he was placed on a glass table under a dark purple light.

"You monsters, " Trevor shouted.

Several other squid creatures surrounded him and with familiar yellow chains bound him to the table. One of them pulled out a pink liquid, which he poured onto three places on Trevor's body: his right shoulder, left thigh, and heart. There was no pain or blood but the skin stretched and opened revealing muscle and sinew. Another creature held up three black orbs and dropped them in the holes.