Stage 6: War - Chapter 15: The New World Order

Stage 6: War – Chapter 15: The New World Order

            The column of water glowed and the alien in the center seemed to smirk at Kojak and Trevor. Trevor gulped then turned to Kojak. “What are we supposed to do?” The alien’s dark eyes focused on Trevor then on Kojak.

            “I told you, I don’t know.” Kojak responded and aimed his gun at the column slowly approaching the alien. The alien’s eyes shifted to Kojak and Kojak’s eyes turned yellow then black. Kojak gave off a malicious smirk and eyed Trevor. “He loves you.”  Kojak said his voice different, more watery.

            “Let him go.” Trevor shouted.

            “Why?” The voice said, now in Trevor’s head. The voice was deep and dreadful, frightening and powerful.

            “No, I – what do you want?” Trevor shouted at the thing.

            “Poor boy, poor boy, still so very unaware. I want you’re blood.” The voice cackled in his head and Trevor noticed Kojak point his gun at Trevor. Trevor dashed out of the room and down the hallway and the possessed Kojak followed after him.

            “Leave me alone. Haven’t you ruined my life enough already.” Trevor sobbed.

            “You’re afraid?” The alien whispered in Trevor’s ear. It was speaking telepathically.

            “Yes,” Trevor ducked into a corner and tried to hold his breath as he heard Kojak walking down the hall.

            “Don’t be afraid.” The voice whispered then started laughing. “So afraid of death. We will remove that from your race. We will control you.”

            “What do you mean?” Trevor whispered then spun his head as Kojak appeared around the corner. Kojak fired a blue laser at Trevor who barely missed the blast. Trevor darted around another corner and ran down the hallway as Kojak followed.

***

            Carol stopped in front of another grocery store. She opened the car and Parker got out after her. He kept looking at her sweatshirt pocket. He saw her stuff something in there but he wasn’t sure what. The two proceed into the grocery store slowly. This one was more barren then the last one but they needed to get as many supplies as possible. It would be their last stop for the night. They needed to get back home

            “Carol?” Parker asked mustering up the courage.

            “Shh,” Carol whispered putting out her hand and leaning forward. “I hear something.” She was right. Something was moving at the back of the store. Slowly, Carol moved forward and peaked around the corner. A small person, or creature, or thing jumped at her tackling her to the floor and then darting off behind some shelves.

            Parker grabbed Carol helping her up. They turned around and spotted a small red haired girl tucked away in the corner of the store. Carol got up and saw her shaking.

            “Hey,” Carol whispered holding out a hand. “Are you all right?”

            The girl started screaming.

            “Shh, It’s okay, we don’t want to hurt you. My name is Carol what’s your name?” Carol said slowly walking up to the girl. The girl remained silent shaking and looking at Carol and Parker. She couldn’t have been older than seven or eight.

            Carol looked to the shelf to her right and grabbed a Kit-Kat bar then held it out. The girl slowly moved forward and accepted it then opened it and started eating.

            “I guess we will just call you Kit-Kat.” Parker laughed and Carol shot him a look, which melted into a more accepting one.

***

            Trevor managed to find his way back to the main room and walked up to the column of water. He touched it and it sent ripples all along the column. The alien’s dark eyes stared deep into Trevor.

            “You’re worried he will sacrifice you. He will, if it came to it, he will.” The alien telepathically communicated.

            Trevor heard Kojak coming down the hall. He let out a deep breath. “Something isn’t right here.” Trevor looked at the alien then spun to the doorway to see Kojak standing there, his eyes still black and face emotionless. He aimed the gun and readied it to fire. He shot and Trevor jumped out of the way. The blue blast flew into the column of water and vaporized the alien. Kojak fell to the ground.

            Running over Trevor fell to the ground and cradled Kojak’s head. Kojak blinked awake his eyes flashing yellow then returning to the usual brown. He sat up and eyed Trevor.

            “I know what to do.” Kojak grabbed Trevor’s hand and pulled out a small knife.

            “Stop!” Trevor shouted and Kojak poked his finger and a small drop of blood formed it dripped onto the ship and was absorbed into it. “When the alien was in my head I was in it’s too and all the ship needs is this. It will make all the ships familiar with humans.”

            “Kojak,” Trevor pulled his hand free. “I don’t think it’s that easy. I mean, this whole thing? Only two guards? He just hands you the answer? Something is fishy here!”
            Peering into Trevor’s eyes the realization that this was all too easy hit Kojak. He shook his head then looked at his watch. They only has a set amount of time before the Government was going to strike again and their time was almost up. Kojak grabbed Trevor’s hand again as they hurried back through the empty hallways to their ship.

***

            Carol, Parker, and Kit Kat pulled into the driveway of parker’s house. The sun has just started to peak over the mountains and suddenly a large flash of light and an explosion rattled the ground. Carol looked up and noticed an explosion hit the ship. A fire ball flew out and then another and another as the ship began to slowly decent towards the earth. A large gust of wind flew by and Carol turned to Parker. The panic was clear and they ran inside the house.