13

Looking at my cousin approach my family. She was going to take all the attention away from me. Mom said I can't have friends over for awhile because she's going to be settling in. Don't get me wrong we out all mourning the loss of aunt Jess, uncle jack and cousin Dillon Sam's. This was different though we got stuck with her because nobody else in the family cared to take her.

Mom and dad stopped coming to my baseball games to take her to therapy and doctors appointments for her issues. She never came out of her room, She doesn't have friends, she's all my parents can think about. It's makes me mad that my parents dont give any thought about me anymore. I've been trying to get my parents attention by not coming home and doing underage activities with my friends but sadly no notice.

She was going to start school with me this year. I was beyond pissed. She was going to embarrass me. I watched her get bullied. I didn't stop them I just watch her suffer everyday. Till it all of a sudden stopped. She had friends, they were juniors and seniors. The bad ones of those classes. "The stoners" was what we referred to them as. I was beginning to panic a little. The stuff they did was highly illegal and could honestly kill you if you did it wrong. I know. I was once there. She was never home now. Mom and dad were happy she made friends and is happy but if they found out why she was doing instead they would die. She would come to school stoned or drunk but always could hide it. She was the quiet kid at school but after school she was the shit. After a few weeks I was going to snitch on her but I think that would just shove her over the edge and ever since I found the doctors notes and recommendations in her room for depression, I couldn't do it. It was like watching someone put on a different self. I hear her cry at night but never during the day. Always at the same time. 2 A.M. I felt bad for her. I felt bad for hating her.

I realized how much I cared for her when she got a boyfriend. He only smelled of alcohol and weed. His only desires were that and sex. I was mad. She was going to throw it all away for one night of not feeling like total shit. Mom and dad were out for the weekend and gave me and her rules to follow while they were gone but we barely followed them. She was getting ready for something and I knew where she was going to be. The abounded house back in the woods at the top of the hill. Everything went down there. Every party busted but still keep going back. I don't get it. I asked her where she was going. She ignored me. I kept asking. No response. I was going to blow up. I was at the point where I was right behind her now. I asked once more. She opened the door. "You can't leave", is what I said. She turned to look at me opened the door and left. I opened the door back up and ran after her. I told her if she goes I would tell mom and dad. I had had enough. I yelled at her. "If you have sex with him I'm telling mom and dad"! She walked back. Stared me down. Walked back inside. Didn't come out of her room the whole night. I went to check on her in the morning and she was gone. The window was open. She went. I got in the car and went to go pick her up. Surprisingly the party wasn't busted for there were sleeping/passed out bodies everywhere. She was no where to be found. I got out and asked. The obviously hungover guy I asked said she left early in the night. Where could she be? I got a text from her moments after. She said she screwed up and shouldn't have gone. She was at a nearby park waiting for me. When I picked her up she cried and cried and cried. We bonded though. She was my responsibly, she was like my little sister. I'm not going to let her fade away.

I was graduating and she couldn't stop crying because I was moving away with my friends. I was going to miss her, she can't fade away when I'm gone.

A few months after leaving I get the news she has moved out to finish high school in her boyfriends state. We're officially growing apart. We didn't text or call anymore and she all about her boyfriend and new life. I hate how we've grown apart. I miss her.