3

//past//  5 days after nicoles disappearance
(Nicoles p.o.v)

I sat on the hood of my black jeep pulled over on the highway. I couldn't drive any longer. My tears made it hard for me to see and my anger was pushing me towards wrecking the car. I've been driving in circles. I have no idea where I am. I didn't wanna look at my phone because I knew it would be filled with messages and missed calls. All I could think about was James and Aleks and it was clogging up my mind. My head in my knees sobbing. I couldn't do it. I debated back and forth if I wanted to go back or not. I just couldn't believe it had to be this way. I decided to get back in and keep driving. The road sign ahead of me had said I just entered Los Angeles California. My face and hair all greasy because I haven't showered in god knows how long. I grossed myself out. When I got deep in the city I stopped by a popular bar and played my music outside.

I sang out with my guitar case open receiving many bills. Once it hit 2 a.m. I packed up and looked for a hotel. I arrived at a Marriott. I walked in and saw a familiar YouTube group called the ultimate crew. The spotted me and just looked at my broken self all disgusting and nasty looking. My hair in knots, my clothes all twisted up, and my stench that they could probably smell when i walked in the building. I went to go check in when the girl, Natalie, stopped me.

Don't worry the room is on us. She said looking at me then back at the counter guy with a smile.

No you don't have to-

Yes we do. She cut me off.

Why don't you get to know us a little bit more. She gestured me over to a lounge table and gathered around me.

So what's your name? She said breaking the silence.

Jenna. I said not even hesitating using Nicole.

Hey Jenna! She smiled and waved.

Hi. I smiled.

Where ya from?

San Francisco.

Do you have family?

Um no they all died in a car accident. I sighed.

Oh my god. I'm so sorry.

Who have you been staying with?

My cousin but I had to get out because rent was becoming to expensive and YouTube wasn't giving me money.

So your a YouTube person?

Yep.

You know who we are right?

Yeah I saw you guys at the last pax and you all have been my inspiration.

How would you like it if we took you in. You seem very nice and you love what we love to do for fun. So Jenna, what do you want you ultimate crew YouTube name to be? She asked me as we walked towards the elevator.

I dunno I haven't really given thought to it yet.

Well welcome to the family. Caleb said to me.

Thanks. I said nervously.

Lighten up kid it's only the beginning.

Well I plopped onto the bed thinking less and less about James and Aleks And paid more attention to my new family. My new life. I was ready to let go.