Nineteen

"Hello, Yoongi." The psychiatrist smiled at him as he sat down on the couch.

He lightly nodded at her, not saying a word.

"How are you feeling today?"

Like always.

"Okay, I see you don't want to talk about it." The psychiatrist awkwardly speaks.

"Is something bothering you, Yoongi?" She asks.

Why is her tone like that? Why does she sound caring? She couldn't possibly care about me, right? After all, I am just another crazy patient. It's her job to pretend to be caring, right? Right.

Yoongi looked up at her, thinking if he should really tell her about his problems.

Don't crazy people talk to psychiatrists? I'm not crazy, so why would I even talk to her? I'm trying to convince them that I'm completely okay, so do I keep quiet?

Yoongi stared at his fingers as he picked at the dry skin.

Will she think I'm insane if I stay silent?

Yoongi looked at her, shaking his head, obviously lying to her.

"You know you can tell me anything." She pressed, receiving an understanding nod from Yoongi.

"Why aren't you talking?"

He shrugged, frowning to himself as he stared at his fingers again.

"Don't I get to call anyone?" He finally asked her.

His eyes were full of hope and desperation. He wanted to hear a familiar voice.

"I'm sorry, but you're not allowed to." She sympathetically smiled at him.