"Can we at least stay for another hour? Just until the nurses have to feed her and change her diaper and all that fun stuff?" I questioned. I was thinking of some excuse to get him to stay longer.

He nodded. "Of course. I want to see her for a while anyway." Zayn scooted the chair we were sitting on as close to Valentina as he possibly could. He inserted his hand into the hole on the side of the incubator so he could touch her soft skin. I still sat on his lap and admired the love he had for her. "Hi baby girl. Did you miss me?" He quietly asked her. Valentina's little body stirred a little. It must have been Zayn's touch. She had to know her daddy was back. "Well I missed you. Daddy's not going anywhere for a while."

I wrapped my arms around Zayn's neck and pulled my body closer to his. “I think she missed you too.” I whispered into his ear.

---------------------------------------------------

A couple hours later Zayn and I were back home. I was in the kitchen making us some snacks and hot cocoa for when we decorated the tree. He was in the basement finding the box that contained the ornaments.

I was consumed in my thoughts about whether or not Zayn was going to like the gift I got him. This was really the first time I was buying an actual present for someone that wasn’t one of my best friends or a family member. I wanted it to be a romantic gesture. Not just me handing him a Christmas present because that’s what you do.

Zayn broke me of my concentration when he came into the kitchen, dropping the box of ornaments onto the counter. I was thinking of something to write in the card I got him, but all of my thought left my brain when I heard the glass ornaments clanking against each other

“Seriously?” I snapped at him. Zayn gave me a grin as he walked over to me. I turned back to what I was previously doing, but I was spun around into his arms. The way Zayn was looking at me told me he didn’t want to decorate the tree. He had other plans “What?” I asked him, trying to sound serious. The expression on his face was making it hard for me to do that though.

“Nothing. Do we really have to decorate though? We could do it tomorrow. I have other things I want to do with you tonight.” Zayn’s hands slid their ways down my body, over my curves, to land on my waist.

I wanted to do those other things, but I knew we couldn’t. Not yet anyway. “We can’t babe.”

Zayn’s hands fell to his sides in disappointment. “Why not? It’s been what, ten days?”

“The doctor said six weeks, and that he needs to give me the okay. Besides,” I turned and picked up the two mugs of hot cocoa, “I’m still bleeding.”

Zayn’s face went blank. He looked so serious. “I didn’t need to know that, Rose.”

“Why not?” I smirked at him.

He walked back over to the ornaments and picked them up. “Because, I don’t want to know about all your women issues. Just tell me when that appointment is and I’ll be there.” Zayn left the room, me laughing behind him.

We entered the living room where our tree was set up. Zayn had already strung the lights on all of the branches. All we had to do was put the silver and red balls, as well as the few sentimental, childhood ornaments Zayn had that his mom gave him when he moved out.

I put Christmas music on as we decorated the tree. Zayn wasn’t too enthusiastic at first, but he soon turned into someone who was desperate to create the perfect tree. He said he wanted to make Valentina’s first Christmas perfect. Even though she wouldn’t get to see it, we apparently needed something nice enough to take a picture of so it could go in her baby book. We didn’t even have a baby book yet because we hadn’t had a chance for a baby shower. Sabrina was supposed to plan one for us for sometime early next year. I didn’t think it would be happening now though. We were going to have to get stuff before then if Valentina was going to be coming home.

After what seemed like a long night of Zayn and I laughing and making fun of each other, we were resting on the couch. The music was softly playing in the background as we sat together looking at our tree. The only thing that was missing was Valentina sleeping in one of our arms. This was nice though.

My head was resting on Zayn’s chest. I could hear him humming to the song that was playing. He sounded perfect. So perfect that it was actually making me tired listening to the calming sound of his voice. I glanded down at my phone. It was two in the morning. I wanted to get up and go to bed, but the moment couldn’t be ruined. Instead, I let the quiet music, and Zayn’s humming put me to sleep.

-----------------------------------------

A/N: Finally!! First, sorry if this is a short chapter, but hey, it's up. A week is a long time for me not to update, and I'm sorry. I had finals though, so this was obviously put in the back of my mind. I'm all done with school now for the semester, so that means I'll be writing. That also unfortunately means that this story is coming to an end. It's sad. I know. Y'all will still get me for a few more chapters though. Don't worry. A couple things still have to happen. I think I've kind of made them obvious. So if you caught those little clues then be prepared. 

Also, during this long week, Beautiful Mistakes reached 10,000 reads!!!!!! Like wow!!! How did that even happen?? Thank you to everyone who made that possible. Y'all are seriously the most amazing people, and I still don't even know how to thank you properly. I honestly don't think a simple 'thank you' is enough because I've been speechless at points with the success this story has achieved. I never thought any of it would happen. It did though and it's all because of you, so THANK YOU!!!!

XOXO

~Nicole