Chapter 16

I nervously sat in the corner booth of the little cafe all by myself. I was waiting for Zayn and McKenzie to arrive so we could have a proper meeting instead of the awkward run in a couple weeks ago.

It was Saturday afternoon and I didn't really want to meet McKenzie today. Bryden had called me earlier in the day to tell me he was home. I was going over to his apartment later so we could get the conversation over with. The anticipation of that only added to my nerves.

I was absent mindedly stirring sugar into my ice tea when I heard someone clear their throat next to me. My head turned to see Zayn with a small smile on his face. McKenzie was next to him.

"Hey." I tried to sound enthusiastic about this whole meeting. I stood up from my seat to greet them.

"Hi Rose." Zayn gave me a comforting hug. "You remember McKenzie."

"Yeah. Hi. How are you?" I sat back down. Zayn and McKenzie sat across from me.

"I'm good." She said. McKenzie looked a little uncomfortable.

"That's good to hear." I responded.

The three of us sat in silence until the waiter came over to take our orders. When he left, I decided that talking about something would be better than sitting here looking like three losers.

"So, Zayn," He looked at me, "How is the new album going?"

"It's going pretty good. We've been writing more songs for this one so I think it will be a bit more personal." Zayn stated.

"Really?" McKenzie sounded intrigued. "That is so cool Maybe you could write a song about a certain someone." She was batting her long eyelashes, and touching Zayn's arm. The whole sight of her showing affection made me want to puke.

Zayn laughed and softly pecked her cheek. That made me want to puke even more. I took a sip from my tea to hide my disgust.

"How are you feeling, Rose?" Zayn asked, switching subjects. It took me a few seconds to realize he was talking about me being pregnant. Of course he was asking how I was feeling though. Zayn had made it very clear he was going to be with me every step of this journey.

"Oh, uh, fine. Um, the morning sickness comes and goes, but it's bearable." I informed him. Everything had been pretty easy so far.

It looked like Zayn was going to say something, but McKenzie decided to cut into the conversation. "Rose. I am so sorry for what happened last week. I never meant to embarrass you like that. I didn't know your boyfriend didn't know anything about your situation." She was being really sincere and apologetic.

"Oh, McKenzie don't worry about it. It's fine. Really. This all had to come out sooner or later. You actually took some of the stress off me because I did not know how I was going to share the news with everyone." I joked. That part was true though. Telling Bryden was the thing that had been on my mind the most. Now I was going to have to tell him everything later on today.