"Surprise Surprise"

"Family of Chanelle Jackson" GG and I stood and walked to the doctor in her long white coat.

"Chanelle appeared to have suffered from a small epelleptic seizure brought on by stress." She informed looking back and forth between me and GG."

"Well what could've stressed her out like that she hasn't had a seizure in years" GG explained with a shaky voice.

"She just gained consciousness a few moments ago. We haven't got much out of her but whatever it was mustve really took her by surprise because the seizure sent her into a shock that caused her to lose consciousness. " GG's worry lines deepened and my ears turned off. I couldnt imagine what could've possibly stressed Nelly out like this.

GG and I followed the doctor to Nelly's room.  We pulled uo chairs to her bedside.
"Baby what's wrong?" GG asked holding Nelly's hands in hers.
"I don't remember GG" She answered sitting up a but "I just remember going to lunch with a friend then getting back to the school parking lot"

"What friend? Where'd you go for lunch? Who said you could leave campus?" Nelly and I both laughed.

"Here I am laid up in a hospital bed and that's all you care about. " Nelly fake pouted

"Well that's all you remember so we  might as well talk about that" GG retorted giving Nelly a pointed look.

"He's just a boy in our grade. He's ok GG and we just went down the street to a fast food place" Nelly answered leaning back into the bed.

"So go step by step, try to remember. Tell us everything you can think of" I urged.

"Well we got our food and got back in the car. We joked on each other on our way back to the school, we got to the school and he walked away to talk to some friends, then I heard my name and think I saw a man but that's really all I can remember" we all let that sink in. The room was momentarily full of silence.

"A man? Like a teacher?" GG asked.
"No he didn't call me Chanelle he called me Nelly."
"Are you sure it wasnt a student" I was the one questioning now.
"Yea. He was older. Actually I remember a little now. He said he was a friend of the family or something like that. "
"So did you just stand there talking to the stranger?" I asked trying to oiece together a puzzle
"At first no cause I thought he was just some perve or trynna holla or something but then-" Nelly stopped staring at the door in horror.
Me and GG followed her eyes. When GG spotted the man in the doorway her facee matched Nelly's. I've never seen GG shook but in that moment she looked like she saw a ghost.
"Hello Anne" the man gave GG a small smile. His eyes danced with fear like a child before an angry parent.
"Oh my God" I heard GG whisper breathlessly.
"Who is that GG?" I asked leaning into GG so only she could hear.
She swallowed hard remembering where she was and who she was with.
"Thats Daniel" GG paused for a while before swallowing again and saying "Nelly's father"
I looked back at Nelly her face still covered with shock mines covered with confusion.
"But I thought he was dead"

................

Sorry for the late update just got a new job so I've been pretty busy. But i know its short but hope you all liked.

Please leave feedback

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.