"Gotta get your Groove On'

"Go Libby, Go Libby!" Nelly chanted as I through my ass all around the dancefloor. I was doing moves I've never done and doing them on people I didn't know.
I knew I was drunk. I just don't know when it happened. Maybe three, four, shots ago. I wasn't sure but how be ever I definitely was drunk. What started out as Nelly coaxing me into doing shots with her turned into an all out shot war. She challenged me and I didn't back down. I let her win though because even in my drunken state I definitely didn't want her to get alcohol poisoning. To celebrate her victory she dragged me to the dancefloor.

"Yaaassssssss" I slurred with my hands in the air as Bryson Tiller's "Don't" bumped through the speakers. Nelly was no longer dancing or cheering that's when i noticed she left.
"Dont play witter dont be dishonnnnest!" I half yelled half sung with the music. I kept pointing and singing to no one in particular. I watched the somberly drunk couples grinding on each other. I scanned over the dancefloor in hopes of seeing Nelly. Instead I found Mr. Chocolate handsome again. He was walking straigh towards me again. This time thanks to the liquor I could control my body movements but I wasnt so sure about controlling my mouth.
"Need a dance partner?" He asked. For the first time I noticed how deep his voice was. All of his words came out smooth and melted together as if it were all just one word. He had a slight accent that I couldnt quite place. But it added to the sexiness of his sing-song, deep in the basement voice.
"Yesssssss" I slurred doing my best to look sober.
Without a word he closed the space between us. He grabbed my arms and threw them around his neck, bending to wrap his around my back, not too low, but not to high.
I took in his smell. He smelled natural. Like he didn't spray cologne but was born with the scent of an angel.
We danced in silence. We were the only ones on the dancefloor who were slow dancing rather than grinding each other.
His hand started to move slighlty up my back....his touch was tender despite his hands being big. He snaked his arms further around my body and gently squeezed my sides.
"I hope that's okay" he whispered in my ear.
Instead of answering I layed my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. We stayed just like that until the song was over.
When the song was over all the sobriety that our dance brought me had vanished. I sloppily dropped my arms from his shoulder.
"Thanks for the dance" he said slowly dropping his hands from my body. I just smiled in response.
"You smell nice" he chuckled at my randomness.
"Thank you, so do you. Well thank you for my dance but I should go find my cousin and be leaving"
I nodded. He started to walk away but before he was out of sight I called after him
"What's your name " I asked when he was facing me.
"King" he said and turned and vanished in the sea of faces and heads even though he was noticeably taller than most.
"King" I whispered to myself and smiled.

"Heyyyyyy" Nelly slurred returning to the dancefloor. She had a red solo cup in her hand which I confiscated.
"That's enough for youuuuuu" I slurred ina sing sing voice taking the cup and drinking the rest of its contents. She pouted in response.
I took Nelly's hand and dragged her to the backyard. I sat her in a long beach chair and sat at the foot of it.
"I go you stay" I slurred pointing a lazy droopy finger at Nelly
"Aye ya Captain" she mumbled saluting me. I knew by the time I return she'd be passed out.
I went back through the house looking for Mike.
"MIKE!...MIKE' I screamed over the music getting stares and mumbled responses.
Finally I noticed an open door with some guys and the smell of weed in it.
I walked to the door way and scanned the room. "Miiiiikeyyyy!" I screeched when I noticed him sitting at on a couch passing around a blunt with a few guys. They laughed at my nickname for him.
"Libby what the hell" he stood up walking to the door. I stumbled inside but he caught me before I fell.
"I NEED GO HOME MIKEY" I yelled even though we were basically hugging.
"Sure I'll take you home Libby. Did you drive" I nodded fiddling with the dogtag around his neck. He swatted my hand away. I pouted up at him and he rolled his eyes and put it back in my hands while sighing.
"Aye Joe" he called to one of the boys playing 2k on the big tv. "Follow me real quick I need to get her home"
"Aiight, one of yall finish my turn" he said putting the controller in his seat
"C'mon Lib" Mikey guided me out the room.
"Wait! We need Nellyyyy" I whined.
I lead them out by the pool where Nelly was passed out just as I predicted. Some asshole had drew a unibrow on her face. I wiped it off with my hand sanitizer and a napkin.
Mikey's friend drove his car and Mikey drove me and Nelly in mine.
"Tank you" I beamed at Mikey
"No problem Libby" he smiled at me "But I thought I told you not that many " he said eyes still on the road
"I didn't I swear " i lied
"Oh yea? Well what day is it!?" He challenged
'It's friday, friday gotta get down on friday " i sang
"AHHH! Wrong and that song is awful " he said putting his hand in my face. I grabbed it and kissed his open palm. Giving him a goofy kid like smile.
"You're so drunk Lib"
"AM NOT!"
"Be quiet before you wake Nelly"
I put my finger to my mouth making the "shhhh" sound
'You probably won't even remember what happened in the morning" he teased
"Bet I will!"
"Fine. In the morning I'm going to call you and ask you all that happened tonight'
"Fiiiine"
'You better remember"
"I will "
After that we drove in silence. When we finally pulled up to my house it was almost midnight.
Mike helped get Nelly to my room without waking Milan we layed her on my pullout couch and took her shoes off.
I sat on the bed and Mikey sat next to me.
"You good?" He asked. I nodded yawning.
I started to fumble with the zippers on my shoe and Mikey helped me take them off.
I climbed in bed and cuddled up to my big teddy bear.
"Night Mikey"
"Night Libby" he said pulling my cover over me. When we pulled it up to my neck I reached up and pecked his cheek.
"What was that for?" He questioned but I was already fast asleep.

..........................

Hope you enjoyed. I just wanted to kind of extend the party scene to help set the tone and pace for the next chapters. I hope you liked.
Please leave feedback. I want to know if you like it and what you'd like to see.

Soooo what do you think of King?

Do you think Liberty is a sloppy drunk?

How do you feel about Libertyand Mike's friendship?

Who's your fav character so far?