Songbird

The first week of school went by fast. Everyday the same thing class after class, crazy lunch periods with Nelly, being harrassed by Mike, and dinner at GG's.

It was the first weekend after the first week and I had to go to work. I worked in a little dentist office as a receptionist. My job was fairly boring. Scheduling and rescheduling appointments. My boss Dr. Ross was a fair boss. And really cool. I appreciated him alot for giving me this job even though I didnt have any prior experience but I caught on quick.

Dr. Ross is an older Italian man. He was good looking for an older guy. He had a pretty red head wife and two kids. A son and daughter both in college. Dr. Ross was a great boss and my work sched.  was pretty fluid since I wasn't the only receptionist. The other was a college girl name Jesse. I've only met her in passing but she seemed cool. Ive met his kids once and I've seen his wife in the office pretty often.

The day was no different than any other day. Slow day with people in and out. Things moved fairly slow since Dr. Ross's partner, Dr. Bellish, died. Dr. Ross has been looking for some new partners. So ive also been scheduling and reschudling interviews for potential dentist.

The clock inidicated 3 and that meant it was time for me to leave. I went to the back and grabbee my things.

"I knocked on Dr. Ross's office door. Dr. Ross "I'm leaving now"
"Have a good Saturday Liberty"
"Thanks you too. " And with that I exited his office. I got in my car, a black 2008 Chevy Impala, and made the 6 minute drive back to my house.

It was quiet when I walked in the house cause Milan was still at work. I decided I didnt want to stay in on the first weekend night of Senior year. So I called Mikey to see what was going on round town.

The phone rung twice before he picked up. "Hello" he said in a deep sultry voice as if he just woke up.
"Michael, I know you are not sleeping at 3 in the afternoon"
"Yes Libby dang. Gotta preserve my energy for the turnup tonight" I rolled my eyes as if he could see me
"Whatever. So what's on the floor for tonight"
"Nothing a good girl like you would be interested in Libby"
"Boy! Just tell me what's up!" I semi yelled into the mic.
"Dang! Hurting my eardrums and shit. It's going to be a back to school party at Leo's house at 8. "
"Thanks Mikey I'll see you there!"
"Yea whatever Libby now let me get back to my beauty rest damn!"
I laughed at him and hung up the phone.
I texted Nelly to tell her what the plan was and of course she was down.

Leo was a fellow senior. He's been doing a back to school party every uear since 10th grade. He's a cliche "popular" dude. Ladie's man, athlete, and swoon-worthy good looks. We've never really spoke like that but he seemed like an okay enough guy. 

I decided to get some rest before I primped myself for the party.

...............................
HEY FOLKS!
This is just another filler chapter. To give a feel for things.
The next chapter will be the party which will be an actual chapter not a filler.

What do you think of Mike?

Vote. Comment. Share.