MARINETTE: Great work. Here.

(Marinette hands Alya a box)

ALYA: What exactly is it?

MARINETTE: It's your dress for the ball. Made it myself.

(Alya opens the box and looks at the dress)

ALYA: This is amazing, girl! Thank you.

MARINETTE: What are BFFs for? Well, I'm going to go and change.

(Time skip)

After getting ready, Marinette and Alya made their way to Count Agreste's house.

Count Agreste's house (the main hall)

NINO: Looks like your father really outdid himself, dude.

ADRIEN: It would appear so.

While Nino and Adrien were walking around and talking to old friends, Marinette and Alya came in and walked around to admire the decorations.

(Urie spots Marinette and Alya)

URIE (in his thoughts): It appears that the butterfly came after all, and looks as lovely as ever.

(Urie walks over to Marinette and Alya)

URIE: Good evening, my beautiful butterfly. Aren't you as radiant as ever?

MARINETTE: Urie. What brought you by?

URIE: I was just passing by, and I happened to see you. I was hoping that you'd join me for a dance.

MARINETTE: Thank you, but I'm gonna have to decline. I'm just here with a friend, and I should probably get going. Enjoy your time here.

(Marinette leaves with Alya)

"That was a close one," Alya says.

(Marinette and Alya go outside to the gardens, and Shiki follows them)

The gardens

(Shiki places his hands over Marinette's eyes, before she turned around and backed away)

MARINETTE: Shiki, what do you want?

SHIKI: I just came to see what you and your friend were up to. I must say, you do look beautiful tonight.

MARINETTE: Thank you, Shiki, but Alya and I must go now. Enjoy your evening.

(Marinette and Alya begin leave)

(Shiki grabs Marinette and uses his powers to freeze her)

SHIKI: I'm afraid you can't leave, my angel. Because if you do, I'll kill you.

(Alya intervenes by repelling him with a capsule of holy water she got from Nathaniel. Marinette wakes up)

ALYA: Don't touch her, you vile creep.

(Alya grabs Marinette's arm)

ALYA: Let's get going.

As Alya and Marinette were walking back, Shiki got back up and sprouted his black wings out. He flew up in the air till he got in front of Marinette and Alya.

(Alya gets in front of Marinette)

SHIKI: Bad girls need to be punished. (Throws his feathers at the girls)

Alya takes some of the blows before Marinette uses her magic to create a bubble shield around them. After the attack was done, Marinette released the bubble.

MARINETTE: Leave my friend ALONE!

(Marinette throws an energy blast at Shiki)

SHIKI: Huh? Ahhh!

(Shiki falls to the ground)

While Shiki was down, Marinette quickly grabbed Alya and went to the entrance that led to the gardens. Before going back into the ballroom, Marinette helped Alya tend to her wounds, and sewed the parts of her dress that were torn back together. After that was done, they went back inside, and made their way to the ballroom entrance.

The main hall (ballroom)

(Nino approaches them)

NINO: Hey, Alya. Hey, Marinette. Are you both ok?

MARINETTE: Shiki attacked us back in the gardens, but we managed to evade him. Alya and I are going home early to help tend to the rest of her wounds. Tell Adrien and his father that we thank them for the invitations to the ball.

NINO: I understand. See you guys around. (Leaves)

(Time skip)

Alya's house (the living room)

MARINETTE: You all right?

ALYA: I'll be fine. Thanks for the save back there.

MARINETTE: You're welcome. It's what friends do.

Meanwhile...

Back in the gardens at Adrien's house

(Shiki wakes up to see Mage, Urie, Nino, and Adrien looking at him)

SHIKI: What did I miss?

Nino: Well, Alya and Marinette left early 'cuz someone attacked and injured Alya. Chloe and Lila argued on who'd get to dance with Adrien, and nothing much else. By the way, did you hear the part when I said that someone attacked Marinette and Alya?"

SHIKI: I was only trying to get the information we needed.

(Mage throws a pebble at Shiki)

MAGE: Sure you were, Shiki. Thanks to you, it'll be even more difficult to get Marinette to at least give us the info we need.

SHIKI: Perhaps, but you do remember that Marinette has those 2 books that she snuck out of her grandfather's house. All we have to do is find a way to get them.

NINO: That's gonna still be harder since she doesn't trust any of us.

ADRIEN: We'll think of something. For now, we should return to the ball.

With that, the guys returned to the ballroom to enjoy their night.