NINE: WHY CANT I JUST BE A MUPPET?

-FRIENDS IN AUTUMN-
CHAPTER NINE: WHY CANT I JUST BE A MUPPET?

"What the heck are you wearing?" He does jazz hands as if that'll make anymore sense. "I'm a bird!"

"Yes Matthew I see that." He takes the head off. "A rooster!" I nod my head. "Mhm. So why are you wearing that?"

"I lost a bet with Caroline. I have to wear this for today's competition." What have those two been doing while I'm not around?

"But we're the wolves. Not the roosters." He shrugs and leans against the locker. "And I have to compete today." I burst out in laughter. Caroline you certainly outdid your self. "They're swimming today. Are you sure that's allowed?"

"That's what I said! But we looked it up and there's no rule saying I can't. So I have to." Matthew put his head back on making rooster noises. "Hello Dakota! Hey Chicken." Chris greets us as if seeing a rooster costume is completely normal to him.

"I'm a rooster!" Chris shrugs. "Whatever, there's no difference to me." Chris there's a huge difference. Before I could say anything Matthew had slapped him on the back of his head and as per usual he runs away yelling chicken noises.

Honestly it happens more then you think.

"What the heck? Do you know who he is?!" I shrug. "No idea. Sorry." After I said that he chases after him. "Stop that chicken!"

"I'm a rooster!" Matthew yells out, sounding very annoyed. They're lucky the both of them are pretty. Otherwise I don't think they'd have much of a future. "Why is Chris chasing a chicken?" Caroline points to the direction they were running.

"Actually he's a rooster. And you're the reason he's dressed up like that." It took her awhile but a huge smile appeared on her face. "Oh! That!" She begins to laugh.

"Are you going to tell me why your boyfriend is dressed like a rooster or not?" Her smile stops and she looks me in the eye. "First Matt is not my boyfriend. I don't know how many times I have to tell you that. And second, he bet that he could eat more spicy noodles then I could." A smirk was on her face.

"You do know that you can't stomach super spicy foods right?" Caroline nods. "Let me finish!" So I stayed silent.

"I ate seven whole bowls of spicy ramen but he didn't know that I didn't put in the whole spice packet in the noodles so it was barley mild. Matt on the other hand isn't that bright so of course he puts in the whole entire packet and by the end of the challenge he was drooling, his nose was snotty, eyes were teary, and his shirt was drenched in milk!"

Caroline finished it off by holding onto her stomach since it hurt from laughing to much. "Wow you're so bad. You do know he has to swim in that."

"That's what makes it even better!" The bell rang meaning the competitions were about to start.

"Hurry! We need to get good seats." Caroline shuts my locker and drags me to the swimming pool.

We did get very good seats. Considering the fact that there are four high school senior classes here, it's very good seats. We see four girls and four guys line up in front of the pool. All of them are amazing swimmers.

Matthew would be the best but he does have a chicken costume on.

The guys don't look to bad either. "Wow! Well would you look at West Dales Swimmer. Those abs my goodness!" Caroline nods agreeing with me. "But do you see North Dale? Look at his face. Oh my biscuits!" As we were swooning over the attractive swimmers in their very cute uniforms the announcer came up.