FOUR: YOU'RE SICK YOU DUNDERHEAD

-FRIENDS IN AUTMN-
CHAPTER FOUR: YOU'RE SICK YOU DUNDERHEAD!

Ring ring.

I ignored the call. I didn't feel like going to school, I didn't feel like talking. I didn't feeling like moving.

It was so hot. I shoved the blanket off of me. Now it's too cold. The constant shoving and putting the blanket back on was tiring. "Stupid weather."

Ring ring

Soon even the sound of my phone got annoying. "Who's calling me this early in the morning?!" I slammed my hand on top of my phone and answered the call without looking at my phone.

"What?! What do you want so bad that you're calling me this early?!" Lately I've been getting angrier, last night I had a reason. But today? I felt bad for the poor person who was on the other line. He or she did nothing wrong.

It was only then when the person pointed it out that my voice sounded weird. "Are you okay? Your voice sounds weird." Caroline. Why is she calling me this early.

My nose is stuffy, and my throat hurt. "I'm fine, why are you calling so early?" I coughed. That definitely made my throat feel better. "So early? Second period is about to start, are you sick?" Sneeze then coughed, wow I guess I am sick.

"No, I'm fine. I barley ever get sick so don't worry I just slept in. I'll be there." I hung up the phone and got up oh so slowly. My head is pounding, my throat is still dry. Why didn't my parents wake me up? Ah, whatever just get ready for school.

I don't have time for a shower, that's okay I showered yesterday. I took off my retainer and put it back in its case. "That's gross." After brushing my teeth hair and getting dressed I walked down stairs to try to find some sort of medicine. "Isn't there anything in here to make me feel better?"

I felt my phone vibrate, a text? Second period should've started by now why is Caroline texting me?

I took your car key just in case you tried to go to school today. There's soup on the stove just heat it up, you're sick so rest for today.

"Mom seriously? I'm fine." Well I guess this just means I get a day off of school, meaning a day away from Cody and Chris. "I guess I shouldn't complain."

Since I have to rest I can do that in my pajamas and on the couch and watch some TV. I settled for community since I've already finished stranger things.

The day dragged on slowly, and honestly it was kind of boring. So I cleaned the house watered the plants and did some laundry.

You're sick you dunderhead! You should be resting

That voice is so annoying! I'm not even that sick. I looked at my phone to check the time.

3:20

They should be out of school by now.

Your vomit is going to be out by now. The stupid voice said again.

What does that even mean? I spoke to soon, or thought to soon. The chicken soup reached my throat, I put my hands over my mouth and ran to the bathroom. Gosh that's disgusting.

"I should've rested instead of working my self." Well in my defense I don't really now what to do when you're sick. The last time I was sick, I was probably seven. And even then my mom was the one who took care of me.

I flushed the toilet and pushed my self up but soon to fall back down. Why do I feel light headed? Why am I sweating, it's cold.

"Dakota? Open the door!" Caroline? What a nice friend. "She's sick smart one. Kota is probably asleep."