SEVEN: While SHE Was Asleep.

-FRIENDS IN AUTUMN-
CHAPTER SEVEN: WHILE SHE WAS ASLEEP.

Cody's POV
When I woke up everyone was still sleeping. Last night they went hard. All of them ate so much food and played so many stupid games. I bit my lips remembering what I did while Kota was asleep.

"Stupid." I mumble running my hands through my hair. It wasn't my fault! I would have never kissed Kota in her sleep if I knew Chris didn't kiss her first. I thought, hey if he broke the rules so can I.

Honestly I couldn't help myself, she looked so cute, her lips were a pretty pink and she looked so much at peace.

"Where is she?" I realized Kota wasn't anywhere to be seen. I checked her room to make sure she didn't sleep there. "Kota?" I whispered as I opened the door.

"Nope, not in here." Her room looked way different. Well it would be weird if she still had her tween room. As I was about to leave I decided not to.

"Well if I'm here I might as well." Carefully I shut the door looking around a bit. A lot of her artwork was on the wall.

She's always been so good at drawing and painting but I hadn't realized how amazing her work was. Mostly all of her paintings were water colored. I walked over to a table that had paint and papers all over it, the drawings were so amazing.

But two in particular caught my eye. "Is that me?" It definitely was me.

What is Kota doing drawing me? "I look good

What is Kota doing drawing me? "I look good." She got every single detail right, from the color of my lips to the shape of my nose. I went back downstairs and noticed she was out on the porch. Quickly I rushed to the kitchen making some hot cocoa before she decides to come back in.

We talk for a bit, it was nice. Being able to relax for once and talk to her again. Once we were done at the diner we drove to the beach and she fell asleep immediately.

It's true I hate the beach. Most of the time it's to crowded, meaning the water is piled with people and that's gross. Plus the sand gets everywhere, I don't know how it goes in some places honestly. So yeah I'm not fond of the beach.

But this place isn't just some ordinary, crowded, tourist spot, family vacation/get away beach. This is different, truthfully I don't know how we found place, but we did.

Dakota loves beaches ever since she was a kid, I have always hated them. But once I saw how much this one was her favorite I pretended to like it. To her that made it even more special. Over time I had actually learned to love this place. Believe it or not sometimes I'll come here when I'm really stressed out and I guess there's something magical about it here cause once I step foot out the car every single problem isn't a problem anymore.