Five: while they're asleep

-FRIENDS IN AUTMN-
CHAPTER FIVE: While they're asleep.

-FRIENDS IN AUTMN-CHAPTER FIVE: While they're asleep

Everyone had toned it down and fell asleep. I, on the other hand, was wide awake. I couldn't sleep a wink. I was so curious as to why Cody would just punch Chris like that. He only got physical when he was angry, and it takes a lot to make him angry. And Chris doesn't let just anyone punch him and let that person get away with it. And of all people it was Cody.

I was out on the porch sitting on the chair swing, watching the rain along with the colored leaves fall. Every once in a while cars drove by, maybe it was people going to their work, or people passing by the town.

It was very calming, one of the reasons as too why I love fall, is the cold weather yet it's not to cold. The gloomy skies and rain make me happy. Does that make sense? I sighed and leaned back. "Why are you up this early?" I looked to right and saw Cody with two cups of hot cocoa. I wasn't a morning person and he knew that. He also knew I loved hot cocoa.

"I could ask you the same thing." He never misses the opportunity to sleep in. "Chris and Matt are snoring super loud. Caroline seems to be a super deep sleeper." I chortled as I grabbed the cup of cocoa. He sat next to me and began to sip on the drink.

"Yeah, she is." We sat in silence for a moment staring at the passing cars. Well I was, he seemed to be staring at me. "What is it?" I finally asked after swallowing the sweet warm goodness that was in my cup.

"Nothing I just— I..." He trailed off. "Do you wanna go somewhere?" I raised an eyebrow. "Like where?"

"Mama and Papa Jay's Diner?" I didn't say anything all I did was nod. We use to go there all the time when we were kids. At that time we could only afford ice cream cones but from time to time Mama Jay would give us free fries and a shake.

We both left the cups on the chair swing and went into his old red pickup truck, or his dads. They usually use it when they went fishing or did some sort of construction.

"You look cold, here." Cody took his jacket off and gave it to me. Before I could protest he put it on me. "It's fine I'm wearing another one." He started the engine and drove off. I don't really remember what we talked about but all I knew was that I was actually enjoying myself with him for once in awhile.

He laughed instead of fight. It wasn't awkward. I don't know what it is but whenever it's raining that's when I'm in my best moods, once we got there I noticed not many people were in the diner.

Well it is six in the morning what do you expect Dakota? "Cody Myers and Dakota Oswald is that you? My have you two grown up. It's been a long time since y'all have been here together." Mama Jay sits us down at the stools, where we would always sit when we were younger.